Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 CC V6 with 41k miles on it. I have always changed my own oil every 3,000 miles. I was reading in the manual that came with the truck that if you tow or haul then the automatic transmission fluid should be changed every 30,000 on the premium service. On the regular service checklist it just says check automatic transmission fluid. The manual goes up to 105k miles and every 30k it says change if towing or hauling frequently but never says to change it otherwise. It is a daily driver and rarely hauls anything more than a dirtbike in the back. Anyone know if the automatic transmission fluid should be changed or not?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't think you need to change it yet, but I don't think never is the correct answer either. I think we (in my family) have aimed to get it changed around every 50k or so and have had pretty good luck. Could probably push it longer than that, but transmissions are expensive when they break.

·
Registered
643 Posts
diy drain and fill if your worrying about it should be easy as changing a engine oil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fluid stills looks like new. I am just trying to stay within warranty and long lasting type of maintainence. In my pathfinder the transmission fluid is still original. The first owner went by the method of change the engine oil but leave the transmission alone. It has 365,000 miles on it so it was a method that worked on that particular vehicle. But I have heard some vehicles makes of the newer type cars are more sensitive and must be done. Is that true?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd change it at 60,000 or at the very least a drain and fill. I would also seriously consider the bypass mod ASAP. I know I'll be doing it very soon.

And then when you're done with that I'd change the fluid in the pathy. I bet you'd be surprised at what a difference it would make.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts