Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Just got my intake installed and I was very careful around the mass airflow sensor but the service engine soon light is now on... I think it'll go away?
I know you said you were careful around the MAF, but are you sure you didn't install it backwards. Thats happened to a few people. That would cause issues for certain.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just got my intake installed and I was very careful around the mass airflow sensor but the service engine soon light is now on... I think it'll go away?
Disconnect the neagtive cable from the battery overnight and hook it up in the morning. That should cause the ECU to reset and hopefully the CEL will go out.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I am certain I installed it the right way, and it does only go in one way. The two screws line up so that u can't turn it around. Right now I unplugged the battery and am gonna let it sit over night. I read somewhere that it takes the ecu awhile to recalculate and get used to the new mass of cold air. If not I guess I'll go to autozone and find out the code.

Also on shut down I can hear weird(computer like) noises coming from the throttle body... Like beeps and humming

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Ok, my bad. I thought I saw that somebody on this forum reversed it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Put in mine about 2 weeks ago. Had the negative disconnected during my install time, probably and hour or 2. Then I ran it about 30 or 40 miles to make sure it was ok.

ECU should only take about 10 mins to reset.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
did it come on right away after install

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
just touch the pos and neg cables together and wait about 10 mins call it day its that simple and not a big deal. quite worrying about it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Put in mine about 2 weeks ago. Had the negative disconnected during my install time, probably and hour or 2. Then I ran it about 30 or 40 miles to make sure it was ok.

ECU should only take about 10 mins to reset.
actually it takes a bit longer than that, to be exact it can take up to 24 hours for all saved memory to erase from the ecu so just having it off for 10 mins probably did next to nothing.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yep pretty much, thats how it says to remove all the memory in the tech service manual. this will remove the memory for the engine and transmission (autos). its a good thing to do from time to time since the ECUs compile all the data of how the engine burns fuel in each individual cylinder, maf readings, your driving habits to know how to most efficiently shift and other info like that. it puts all this average info into algorithms of performance overtime so the longer you go without a reset the slower the truck reacts to changes in driving habits and changes in how each cylinder burns fuel (if knock is detected it will auto override these algorithms and pull timing and increase fuel) and reset every now and then will bring things back to factory and let you start with a clean slate.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Problem solved! Removed both positive and negative and let sit over night(about 9 hours) then reconnected, started, and smiled. No more cel light and it shifts right on time again! Sounds great and feels quick

thanks guys for the help

·
Registered
424 Posts
Alright!! Now be careful where you are when you put your foot in it, so you don't get a ticket! :fantastic:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yeah my nismo intake has gotten me in trouble a couple times for sure lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.