Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im installing a 2" strut spacer to my 07 cc. i finished the right side and have moved on to left and ran into an extremely angering problem :comphead: for some reason i cant get the spindle to seperate from the upper control arm. im prying the **** out of it but it wont drop. any quick tips or suggestions? any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
PBblaster to start, then make sure you have it in the upright position so that you you strike it, it falls straight and not crooked to one side.

You may also want to leave the nut on just a little so that the spindle doesn't just fall on you once it is detached.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to go back out and try it again. i do have the nut on a little so that it doesnt rip my brake cable when it falls, and ive used almost a whole fn can of PBblaster to no avail. BRB though. Thanks.

·
Registered
874 Posts
hit the spindle with a good size hammer right at where the ball joint goes thru the spindle, dont hit the ball joint or the uca, the impact should pop it, make sure the nut is on the ball joint at least a couple of threads, dont whack the fender or your hand or anything but the spindle

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
x2 just hit the spindle forward towards the front of the truck and down with a bfh a few times dont be afraid im might take quite a few hits but it will seperate i couldnt imagine trying to pry it down ??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got it. just kept beating it and spraying it with pbblaster. took about an hour just for that, rediculous. i dont know why it took so long the other side just took one pop. thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
572 Posts
good job show some pics of the final product

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
hit the spindle with a good size hammer right at where the ball joint goes thru the spindle, dont hit the ball joint or the uca, the impact should pop it, make sure the nut is on the ball joint at least a couple of threads, dont whack the fender or your hand or anything but the spindle

thats the best advice. just dont ruin the threads so leave the nut on if you can. try not to use a pickle fork.... it'll get the uca off but it'll ruin that ball joint.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Maybe it's something we should be happy about, knowing our trucks don't come APART very well :laugh:

glad ya got it though!..
Those were tight for me but all the shock mount nuts were pretty darn loose when I took it apart, I was pretty happy about the spindle though! Some of the other parts, well...the jury is out on those.

thats the best advice. just dont ruin the threads so leave the nut on if you can. try not to use a pickle fork.... it'll get the uca off but it'll ruin that ball joint.
amen brotha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts