Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with their replacement Camber bolts being seized like the OEM ones normally do? I Did my leveling kit 3 years ago and did have one side that was seized. What are the chances that the "new" bolts are now seized?

I'm starting in on my Titan swap on Friday and I'm thinking I should just order a new set of Camber bolts just to have them on the ready in case I have to cut one or both LCA out.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Bought my truck in 2006. Put in lift and OE camber bolt in 2008. Adjusted my camber in 2014. They were not seized. I live in snow/salt country as well. FYI a nissan dealer installed the camber bolts for me. Maybe they put some magic (ie grease or anti seize) on them.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
If you didn't use anti seize when you put them in then you should have a couple on hand. I had to replace one when I did my Titan swap. (And they now have plenty of anti seize on them)

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you didn't use anti seize when you put them in then you should have a couple on hand. I had to replace one when I did my Titan swap. (And they now have plenty of anti seize on them)
That's exactly what I did. I had a fresh set waiting just in case. Friday, upon initial disassembly, all 4 were stuck. I soaked all with PB blaster and left them for the night. I was able to free three of the four Saturday morning, so only one needed to be cut. I used the new bolts and this time slopped anti seize on them. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Know that they appear to wear out if you have enough alignments done. I was told that I will need new ones the next time I need an alignment. I have them sitting here and will swap them out just before I bring it in next time. I think anyone doing a Titan swap should just replace them just cause they are putting other new parts on and these should them last longer than reusing some that may be stretched or the washers are starting to round out around the bolts.

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
That's exactly what I did. I had a fresh set waiting just in case. Friday, upon initial disassembly, all 4 were stuck. I soaked all with PB blaster and left them for the night. I was able to free three of the four Saturday morning, so only one needed to be cut. I used the new bolts and this time slopped anti seize on them. Lesson learned.
I kind of make it a rule to put a dab of anti-seize on any exposed nut/bolt if I mess with it - camber bolts, spindle bolt, upper and lower shock mounting bolts, reservoir bracket bolts, skid plate bolts, slider bolts, rear shock bolts, leaf spring center bolt... anything underneath

1 - 6 of 6 Posts