Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the it annoying that the cargo lights turn on every time a door is opened. Has anyone done anything to defeat this? I would like to keep the cargo lights, but have them illuminate only with the dash switch.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I find the it annoying that the cargo lights turn on every time a door is opened. Has anyone done anything to defeat this? I would like to keep the cargo lights, but have them illuminate only with the dash switch.
Can't you just turn it off with the dash switch?

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,117 Posts
Can't you just turn it off with the dash switch?
^ this. My switch is 3 way, so I can turn them off so they don't turn on when I open my door

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No- I can't turn them off with dash switch. Every time I open a door they come on, and go out after 30 seconds or so. I don't understand why they are wired this way. I don't need the cargo lights every time I open the doors. My dash switch is just a 2 way, and has no affect on the door switch turning on the lights.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a '16 that operates the same way. Personally, I like that feature. I live in a rural area and when I get home from mid or late shift, it is quite dark. The cargo lamp delay, for me at least, is a nice feature because it lights up the area around where I'm getting out of the truck. Plus, if I have anything in the bed, I can see and grab it on my way back to the house.

Could you not just ignore it?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I am in the same boat. I found it very annoying. When I am running a camper shell or when I am in the woods and want it dark but listening to music or just sitting with the door open.

I recall adding a dual pole switch, and it still allows for the light to be turned on via the switch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am in the same boat. I found it very annoying. When I am running a camper shell or when I am in the woods and want it dark but listening to music or just sitting with the door open.

I recall adding a dual pole switch, and it still allows for the light to be turned on via the switch.
The dual pole switch would allow you to have the lights on with the door opening or not on with the doors opening. I chose to eliminate the lights on with the door opening altogether. However, if I want the cargo lights on, I just turn on the dash switch. They won't go off till they are switched off.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I like to be able to "go stock". ANd in fact I do like the cargo light to turn on when you open the door. I jsut want to be able to over ride it when I go stealth.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Lennox makes good products. I only use their hole saws. Lots of tube notching.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts