Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in need of the insert that fits on the underside of my 2002 Frontier’s sunroof. Looking for $50 or less. The sun is especially hot this year here in Texas, so can anyone help a fellow owner out to beat the incessant heat?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Where in Texas are you exactly? I'm in Corpus Christi. Judging by your Avatar you may live near me. I may have one if i can find it. My truck is a Crew Cab with the Roof Rack and Wind Deflector so it blocks out the light and hardly any light gets in through the Flip Up Roof. So, I haven't used the Insert in 8 years. Let me see if i can locate it.
If I can find it: $50 + You Pay Shipping.

Theres Also This FaceBook Group with Tons of Users. Guarantee You Could Find One There If You Just Ask

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where in Texas are you exactly? I'm in Corpus Christi. Judging by your Avatar you may live near me. I may have one if i can find it. My truck is a Crew Cab with the Roof Rack and Wind Deflector so it blocks out the light and hardly any light gets in through the Flip Up Roof. So, I haven't used the Insert in 8 years. Let me see if i can locate it.
If I can find it: $50 + You Pay Shipping.

Theres Also This FaceBook Group with Tons of Users. Guarantee You Could Find One There If You Just Ask

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s great you being near the coast! I’m up in Fort Worth. I want to one day live closer to the beach, hence my avatar. That would be great if you have one! Let me know what you find out and let’s discuss! Thanks again!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Live half of my life in Wichita Falls, Tx which is near by. We'd Frequent Ft. Worth bc my girlfriends family lived there.

Ok let me see

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sorry man, I cannot find. I believe its in my storage behind A BUNCH of shyt.
Try the FB group i linked and also Car-Part.Com which i guarantee you'll be able to find one there.
Search "Sunroof" for Xterra or Frontier. They're the same from front seats to front bumper

When I searched Car-Part.Com - The first Junkyard on the list that popped up had pics. Its in Brownsville, Tx and has what you need and they ship. Frank's Auto and Truck Parts

Here's one of the pics from that Xterra. You can clearly see the Sunroof Insert you're looking for.

Reactions: Rowtyd

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,398 Posts
Nice Find! BUT DAMMMMMMMM they sure do want a pretty penny for that. Geeze. I should get into the 1st Gen Frontier/Xterra Sunroof Cover business
You'd be really surprised at the amount some folks are asking for the dash panel....like the one I was trying to give away.

·
Registered
792 Posts
LOL, Incredible, i can go to the junkyard and pull 3 of those in an hour. They're held in by like 5 bolts.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
LOL, Incredible, i can go to the junkyard and pull 3 of those in an hour. They're held in by like 5 bolts.
They'll be keeping that part forever.
I paid about $40 for my Charcoal colored dash.

·
Registered
792 Posts
They'll be keeping that part forever.
I paid about $40 for my Charcoal colored dash.
IKR! So insane. And yeah that Charcoal color was the best color Nissan used on those 1st Gens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry man, I cannot find. I believe its in my storage behind A BUNCH of shyt.
Try the FB group i linked and also Car-Part.Com which i guarantee you'll be able to find one there.
Search "Sunroof" for Xterra or Frontier. They're the same from front seats to front bumper

When I searched Car-Part.Com - The first Junkyard on the list that popped up had pics. Its in Brownsville, Tx and has what you need and they ship. Frank's Auto and Truck Parts

Here's one of the pics from that Xterra. You can clearly see the Sunroof Insert you're looking for.

View attachment 319688
Thanks so much for your help with this! I will definitely contact Frank’s Auto. Enjoy the rest of your summer-hope is not as hot there as it is up here-it’s brutal!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'll take North Texas Heat over this shyt down here any day. The humidity will drive you nuts! It's absolutely disgusting living right on the water.

Anyways, Hope you get your problem taken care of.

·
Registered
Great truck
898 Posts
Ha ha ha, its horrible living more then 1/2 mile from the water. I have a non stop breeze so i can sit in the shade and be cooled off but if you have stuff between you and the major breeze, you will be sweating your butt off.

I can see the water from my mailbox so i am good.

We used to live in other areas of texas and it was so horribly stupid hot. We went to houston to see a high school friend and when my kids got out of the car, they complained about the temp versus where we live and san antonio is just as bad.

Of course, georgia, florida, wnd the carolinas was the same horrible humidity and temps. Really, you have to go west to be dry.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well, I live on Ennis Joslin so the water is 50 yards from me. Its just the humid salt air. You walk outside and my shirt is drenched within 5 minutes of light work. I go up to SA or Austin and although its hot as hell i can work in it without getting soaked. I was at a junkyard in Austin twice the last few weeks and could definitely tell the difference. I just cannot stand the summers here anymore.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Freaking 8:30 PM - Still Hot and Humidity 80%. It's nothing to get 90+% Humidity Every Stinking Day Here. What i wouldn't give 40,50,or even 60% Humidity.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Yessir, it's one thing when it's hot out but when the humidity is really high....it just makes it unbearable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts