Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a specified dealer section and periodically someone posts a deal on full synth oil filter combos, etc. I’m a thrifty buyer and always on the lookout for deals associated with maintenance, mods, or anything related to accessorizing the Frontier. Rather than spamming in the General Forum or on the “What have you done... “ thread, could we have a specified section for spotted Deals and Sales? Sharing is caring.

·
Administrator
809 Posts
Hello,

Please help me understand how this section will look so I can bring it forward to the team and see if they like the idea. The section of the forum would be for non-vendor/dealer related sales? Who would be contributing? Who would be able to see these posts? How would this differ from what is currently up on the forum?

Thanks for helping me understand your idea so we can best implement it in the way you are hoping. :)

Gerrit

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

Please help me understand how this section will look so I can bring it forward to the team and see if they like the idea. The section of the forum would be for non-vendor/dealer related sales? Who would be contributing? Who would be able to see these posts? How would this differ from what is currently up on the forum?

Thanks for helping me understand your idea so we can best implement it in the way you are hoping. :)

Gerrit
Let me throw together a Use Case and whatnot. Crowdsourcing is always welcome as well so if anyone wants to DM me their ideas I will incorporate.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enhancement/Feature: User Content supplied Forum dedicated to “Deals and Sales”.

What is it?
  • A section placed within the forum where clubfrontier.org members are able to post deals and sales that they spot related to the Nissan Frontier where it involves outfitting your Frontier or taking car of it.
Why?
  • Some are thrifty, some are not. Folks like to stockpile cheap oil or know where the good deals on tires/wheels combo after they have asked the age old question of "Will this fit". It's coming up on winter and by god, just about everyone's wipers are going to show just how they hold up to the weather when it gets brutally cold in the upper states. Maybe there's an influx or those that would like to know when Raptor Liner is on sale for that next project involving their unprotected bed or they have a bunch of dents in that rear bumper that they would like to cover up under a budget.
Main intent:
  • Often, these announcements or posts by members make their way to the specified Forum: Home > Forums > Nissan Frontier Community > General Discussion > "What have you done for your Frontier today/lately?" or they are buried in the General Discussion Community Forum as no one knows where to post them. The intent is to allow this community supplied information to be segmented to its own section so users can choose the option to be following this topic item and notified with any updates, or not.
Where will this Forum live?
  • I'd imaging that it could be under the Nissan Frontier Community section or possibly it's own Forum section under Nissan Frontier Forums.
Moderation:
  • Ensure that the deals and sales items relate to the Nissan Frontier or Nissan Brand and related to maintenance items, interior/exterior accessories, upgrades, critical parts, mods, gear, overlanding supplies, etc.
Use Case 1: Clubfrontier.org forum member encounters a sale on oil/filter combo at advanceautoparts.com. Sale announcement and/or coupon provided in a simple post in the designated section.

Use Case 2: Clubfrontier.org forum member has found an eBay seller that has a surplus of drivers side recovery hooks and they are only $30 a piece including S&H.

Use Case 3: Clubfrontier.org forum member has encountered a deal on Falken Wildpeaks at Sams with a sale that only lasts for the next week. Sharing is caring.

What it is not:
  • Not intended for use by approved vendors or Parts sales or Complete vehicles. These already have their sections. This section may get the occasional post from a forum member indicating that "Diode Dynamics is having a Black Friday Sale" which should be acceptable to link back to the vendor's post.
  • Not for use in spamming with the next "get rich quick" scheme, MLM offering, Costco sale on iPads or selling your pokemon collection.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice!...i like it. looking forward to seeing alerts of sales, discounts etc from members. we have
similar thread/forum for folks giving the heads-up on Walmart oil sale, discount certificates etc
Yep, that is one of the threads that’s a good example. Thus the oil/filter deals reference.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the idea! I'll pass this along to the mod and admin team to see if they're on board with it. :)

-Gerrit
Thank you Gerrit! In today’s consumer world, it’s best to have transparency with your end users. Where can we track this feature request and where it falls in line with other competing priorities?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts