Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad has a semi truck and we were changing his tire...and to seat the tire we set it on fire using ether and a flame. I'm pretty sure you guys have seen somethings similar...but just wanted to share my video for those curious who haven't seen it before.

YouTube - EXPLOSION!!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I've seen that done before.
I posted a vid of somebody doing that out on the trail.

Mom didn't look happy about that method (I assume that was Mom on the left in the video).

·
Registered
521 Posts
Doing it that way is a lot of fun, but its actually frowned upon now. At work when we have to seat the bead we use whats called a cheetah bead blaster. A lot safer and a lot easier to use.
lol i remember my first encounter with a cheeta....they were teaching me how to use it and didnt tell me about the kick back, thumped myself straight in the jaw....quite funny actually

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen that done before.
I posted a vid of somebody doing that out on the trail.

Mom didn't look happy about that method (I assume that was Mom on the left in the video).
BAHHH I knew i saw a video of somebody doing the same thing on the trail here...lol sorry for the kinda repost...

...haha yeah that was my mom, and she was perplexed about it more than she was dissapointed lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Its pretty dangerous to seat big truck tires like that without a cage. My dad used to be a city shop foreman and my uncle worked with him, they have quite a few stories of tires coming apart when seating the bead on fire trucks, dump trucks, etc. due to the pressure and volume of gas involved.

I would be careful, if you insist on doing it this way at least put something between you and the tire and use a longer lighter.

non commercial vehicle tires are usually ok with this method as it takes a lot less to get the bead on.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
BAHHH I knew i saw a video of somebody doing the same thing on the trail here...lol sorry for the kinda repost...

...haha yeah that was my mom, and she was perplexed about it more than she was dissapointed lol.
Well just be careful! (that's the Dad in me talking). :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LMAO!! nice find autospirit...im pretty sure if i tried the dance at all, not only would i look stupid, but my parents would slap me sideways and try to set me straight lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts