Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have problems with their seat heater? Mine stopped working yesterday, lumbar gets warm but the butt doesn't, and it's cold.

I'm going to go to the dealer and see if I can get it repaired on warranty, truck is a few weeks from 24 months old. We shall see.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Only used mine once when it was 18 degrees outside. If they are not working, it should be covered by warranty. 3years/36,000, unless your past the mileage limit.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only used mine once when it was 18 degrees outside. If they are not working, it should be covered by warranty. 3years/36,000, unless your past the mileage limit.

Only 25,000km. I'm hoping they fix it like the fix the rear axle leak, and replace the entire seat... the leather on my driver seat looks like crap already.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Only 25,000km. I'm hoping they fix it like the fix the rear axle leak, and replace the entire seat... the leather on my driver seat looks like crap already.
- They should take care of the rear axel leak.
- Good luck in getting the entire seat replaced. I would guess they will opt to fix just the heater part and claim the "looks like crap" as a "wear item" not covered under warranty.

Let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone ever have problems with their seat heater? Mine stopped working yesterday, lumbar gets warm but the butt doesn't, and it's cold.

I'm going to go to the dealer and see if I can get it repaired on warranty, truck is a few weeks from 24 months old. We shall see.
From my days as a tech, this is a common problem. The seat bottom that you sit on is heated by wire that become brittle over time from heating your seat, they fail often. Just be happy that the circuit opened all the way, at Honda when they first started coming out, we had people getting burned as only part of the circuit failed. If you still have a valid warranty like you mentioned bring her in, Honda warrantied them. If they don't cover it for some reason, get a part, some hog rings and hog ring pliers.

Never did one in a Nissan, but I can tell you Honda seat covers are hog ring hell. Just google hog ring, look at the picture then stick your head under the seat and look for hog rings before you buy them and the pliers.

Never felt the heaters were very good. Can't even tell they are on at the low setting and on high really just barely noticeable.
I don't know what year your Frontier is, but mine are nice. Maybe they redesigned them? They feel great on my back after a workout.

·
Registered
59 Posts
- They should take care of the rear axel leak.
- Good luck in getting the entire seat replaced. I would guess they will opt to fix just the heater part and claim the "looks like crap" as a "wear item" not covered under warranty.

Let us know how it works out for you.
If they try to screw you on the leather, start complaining. Talk to the service director, if he doesn't help, call the Nissan region/area representative. In many cases they'll find a reason to cover it under warranty or they'll split the cost with you if it's not that bad.

Leather always cracks as it's used over time, how bad is it? can you post a photo of the seat bottom?

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
I actually never think about them and never turned them on but my son did so on a ride with me and the sensation while not thinking about why I was warm was odd.
My Challenger SRT has them and a heated steering wheel but the car never goes out in the cold weather so I've never tried the seats and accidentally hit the switch for the steering wheel once and it was not a pleasant feeling having the wheel get very warm. Just mire do dads to raise the cars purchase price and more things to break and spend even more money to repair.

Clint

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Never felt the heaters were very good. Can't even tell they are on at the low setting and on high really just barely noticeable.
Not the same in Canada. Leather seats are cold in the winter.

Anyway, it's going in on Thursday and will be under warranty. Also going to look at a bunch of interior trim pieces that were never properly installed.

Something a little more fun, heading to the border tomorrow to pick up the rest of my shrock skids, and a warn zeon 8 I picked up also from shrockworks along with their synthetic winch line and fairlead.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Just mire do dads to raise the cars purchase price and more things to break and spend even more money to repair.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the toilet chair option...

Reactions: 42midNight

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not the same in Canada. Leather seats are cold in the winter.

Anyway, it's going in on Thursday and will be under warranty. Also going to look at a bunch of interior trim pieces that were never properly installed.

Something a little more fun, heading to the border tomorrow to pick up the rest of my shrock skids, and a warn zeon 8 I picked up also from shrockworks along with their synthetic winch line and fairlead.
Sounds like fun, glad it's getting covered for you. I'm in Southern New Hampshire, I like my seat heaters too. Driving to Maine to get those parts?

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
532 Posts
And they take forever to heat up. The seat warmers in my Suburban are hot in less than 5 minutes and are very noticeable. The Fronty seats don't get warm till I'm already at work (about a 25 minute ride) and they are barely noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And they take forever to heat up. The seat warmers in my Suburban are hot in less than 5 minutes and are very noticeable. The Fronty seats don't get warm till I'm already at work (about a 25 minute ride) and they are barely noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Weird, I can usually feel mine by the time I get to the end of our street, maybe 5 minutes. They're about the same warmth and time as our 2012 Honda Odyssey.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
59 Posts
You know it.
I'm heading up to Bar Harbor this summer for a weekend, I'll be more than half way to the border from where I am. Is there a good 4x4 place you can recommend? I'd love to speak with someone with knowledge of aftermarket parts for my new Frontier.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bar Harbour is still about 5.5 hours from my home town. I've only been on the East Coast for 2 years, formerly the west coast. So I really don't know much south of the border. Have an awesome trip!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bar Harbour is still about 5.5 hours from my home town. I've only been on the East Coast for 2 years, formerly the west coast. So I really don't know much south of the border. Have an awesome trip!
Thanks, that's the plan. 10 year wedding anniversary, no kids attending the first weekend, just me and the wife, can't wait!! ::grin::

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't wait to do a vacation with no kids and just my wife.

Verdict from Nissan was a bad heating element. Rocket scientist. Anyway, they've ordered a new one in and it'll be repaired on the 9th. Leaving me 1 day of warm bum before I head back to work overseas for almost a month.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts