Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying some seat covers for my truck. The driver's seat now has a small spot where it has worn through. I am a little disappointed that this happened so quickly (2016 with 51k miles) but it is what it is. I have been looking at Cover King. Does anyone have any experience either positive or negative with seat covers for this truck? I was thinking of getting leather but they are pricey. They have a fake leather option that looks good and is half the price, not sure if it is any good though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a set of the neosupreme covers for my front seats. I've had them probably 8 or 9 months and with no issues. Fit pretty well and are holding up nicely so far

·
Registered
539 Posts
Use the search function on this site for lots of threads about Coverking seat covers. I have them, and am pleased at how they have held up and protected my cloth seats.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did use the search function and did not find anything. Maybe I am not doing it right..... What type cover king did you get, leather, neoprene, something else?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently you must not leave a space between the word "seat" and "covers" in order for your search to return anything, Doh! I see a bunch of threads now.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I bought Mrs. Cusser a set of custom seat covers from http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/ for Christmas for the front buckets of her 2005 Yukon. I picked them up at their manufacturing plant in Mesa, AZ and they were very professional, make the covers right there. She loves them.
DSC06947.JPG

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I decided to order a set of the Cover King brand leatherette. I got them from Carid for a cheaper price. I will put some pics up once they arrive and I get them installed. It will probably take a few weeks.
I’ll be watching for your evaluation & pics. These are the ones I’m considering, but the Ol’ Lady’s starting to get pissed that I’m spending all this bank, so I’ve gotta be careful. She saw my note for an appointment this coming Saturday to get my front side windows tinted & got all Wifey on me...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ll be watching for your evaluation & pics. These are the ones I’m considering, but the Ol’ Lady’s starting to get pissed that I’m spending all this bank, so I’ve gotta be careful. She saw my note for an appointment this coming Saturday to get my front side windows tinted & got all Wifey on me...
I understand. I look at it like this will probably save me money. Every time I look at that hole in my driver's seat I think about trading for something new. If the seat covers help me keep the truck a few more years then I will save money. I had my front side windows tinted shortly after I bought the truck. It has been a good investment.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They arrived today. I am not happy with them. They do not fit correctly, especially the back seat. I am checking to see if I can return them. The material is nice and they seem to be quality built but if they do not fit right I am not keeping them not for what I paid.

·
Registered
194 Posts
They arrived today. I am not happy with them. They do not fit correctly, especially the back seat. I am checking to see if I can return them. The material is nice and they seem to be quality built but if they do not fit right I am not keeping them not for what I paid.
That’s too bad. Can you describe how the fit was off?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That’s too bad. Can you describe how the fit was off?
The front ones fit pretty good. The back seat is where the problem lies. The part that fits over the top of the back seats is not the right size. It is too big on the sides which makes it puffy.

I am having a hard time getting CARid to take them back. I may end up trying to sell them. The front ones are fine and would be good for someone who does not need the back ones (maybe a king cab owner).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am pretty sure CARid is going to screw me on this. If anyone is interested in them please let me know. The front ones are good and I will take $200 plus shipping. The back ones do not fit right but I will throw them in for free if you buy the front set.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
The front ones fit pretty good. The back seat is where the problem lies. The part that fits over the top of the back seats is not the right size. It is too big on the sides which makes it puffy.

I am having a hard time getting CARid to take them back. I may end up trying to sell them. The front ones are fine and would be good for someone who does not need the back ones (maybe a king cab owner).
Have you tried contacting Coverking directly? Not sure how their customer service is, but maybe they can identify whether or not CARid sold you the wrong part number, or if there's some kind of defect in the covers. I've always heard good things about the fitment of Coverking products.

What you're describing sounds more like what I've seen from lower end or mid-grade seat covers, where the fitment is close but not perfect, and some spots are just baggy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
8 Participants
Thelt
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing