Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new frontier and now I am strategizing how I can avoid destroying it.

I would like seat covers, what do you recommend for the prox crew cab 2016?

My other question is will the heated seats still work with the seat covers? Or what type of seat covers should I avoid in order to keep functioning heated seats?

·
Registered
592 Posts

My other question is will the heated seats still work with the seat covers? Or what type of seat covers should I avoid in order to keep functioning heated seats?
As you probably realize you have lots to choose from for seat protection; anywhere from an old t-shirt and towel to spending many hundreds on custom fitted covers. Here on the Forum Wet Okoles seem one of the most popular of the high-end products; I've been happy with a set of Coverking's poly-cotton which are not quite so pricey, are comfy and easy to install (admittedy, they don't look as slick though). In the end it depends on your budget and what you are wanting to accomplish in terms of degree of protection, looks, etc. You will find multiple threads here discussing various solutions.

Not having heated seats I can't speak definitely on your other question, but, it seems to me the effectiveness of the heating would vary with the seat cover material.

Congratulations on your new truck. Did you just luck into finding one on the dealer's lot with the manual transmission or did you have to seek it out? Most of us here with the manual prize it but they are getting harder and harder to find.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm in the same boat here. 13,300 miles or so, and I noticed a couple weeks back a few threads coming loose in the stitching in the driver's seat already. My other nissan truck is a 1995 and there isn't a single thread or issue one bit after 200,000 miles in that truck. After 20+ years they really haven't been able to improve, let alone maintain the same quality or grade of materials/workmanship going into these interiors? Insanity. (I could MAYBE understand if I bought the baseline model S truck and got a low grade cloth as punishment for not paying $$$ to Nissan, but this is not my case.)

I have considered the Wet Okole's from the start, even before I purchased the truck it was on my list of mods to do. Sadly though, the major hit most folks give those covers are that they make it HOT to sit on, and down here in Florida, that dog just won't hunt, so I've held off so far on purchasing them. Not sure I want to cover my interior with wetsuit material either. I have enough of the wetsuit smell on things from all the divegear inside the truck going back and forth each week.

In any event, I need to do something to protect the stock coverings on these seats as it seems very lacking. I'm curious what the dealership will say on my next trip in as I've noticed this issue as early as about 10,000 miles and I dare anyone to try and claim "wear and tear - not covered under warranty" with so few miles. It's not like I'm getting in my truck and stomping on the seats for hours on end each day or using them as a dance floor (no offense intended towards those of you that do).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you probably realize you have lots to choose from for seat protection; anywhere from an old t-shirt and towel to spending many hundreds on custom fitted covers. Here on the Forum Wet Okoles seem one of the most popular of the high-end products; I've been happy with a set of Coverking's poly-cotton which are not quite so pricey, are comfy and easy to install (admittedy, they don't look as slick though). In the end it depends on your budget and what you are wanting to accomplish in terms of degree of protection, looks, etc. You will find multiple threads here discussing various solutions.

Not having heated seats I can't speak definitely on your other question, but, it seems to me the effectiveness of the heating would vary with the seat cover material.

Congratulations on your new truck. Did you just luck into finding one on the dealer's lot with the manual transmission or did you have to seek it out? Most of us here with the manual prize it but they are getting harder and harder to find.
Where I live there is only one nissan dealer within an hour and they seem to stock all of the same truck which is the SV pretty much in 2 colors. After that I am going pretty far to find something different so I resolved to do so.

I am looking at the Wet Okoles thanks for the suggestion. I had looked at cover king but their are a lot of choices there. The main things I am looking for are:
1)Heated seats still work well
2)I can take the seat covers off and throw them in the washing machine
3)Still comfortable enough to sit on. Honestly the factory ones are quite nice, I just know I will destroy them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am also looking for seat covers for my P4X. I have had two sets of wet okole's in the past, one in a VW and the other in my former Tacoma. The criticisms about how hot they are in the summer are correct, and they do keep the heat from seat heaters from getting to you a little bit. I am really considering the Carhartt covers from CoverCraft. I really only need one for the driver's seat, but with the airbag cut-outs, I doubt you can swap them side to side.

·
Registered
544 Posts

I installed Leather Seat Covers from Custom Truck and Car Seat Covers | Precision Fit over the cloth heated seats that my SV came with. I like leather even though many harp on being cold in the winter and hot in the summer it is still my preference and don't find leather uncomfortable at all... It does slow down the heat felt from the seats but it does still come through...

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have had the wet okole covers on over a year on my 2015.

The seat heater still works through the cover. I can't compare to the effectiveness before the cover because I bought the truck in May and put the covers on in Oct so it never got cold enough to try them out uncovered.

They are a little warm to sit on.

Not sure about machine washability.

I think they're very comfortable, aside from being a little warm.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
My last job had me getting showered in aluminum chips all day. I didn't want high end covers that would be trashed in a week or two so I went with the generic cheeepo $26/set Costco neoprene seat covers. They fit pretty good and stayed put. No heated seats in my Fronty but they were thin enough that the heat should transfer fine. Sorry, no pix as they got pulled soon after quitting that S**t hole. Congrats on your P4X!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts