Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 CC V6 5Speed 4x4

Went to put my seat belt on the other morning and it would not retract anymore. I tried multiple times to get it to loosen or retract but it was frozen in place. I did some research and found Courtesy Nissan has the seat belt assembly for $98 but charges nearly $50 for shipping alone. I then called the local dealership and they could order it for $150 out the door, basically the same price as Courtesy. Before I bit the bullet I decided to do some research on warranty info and found out that all Nissan's manufactured between 89-02 have a "Life of Vehicle" warranty on seat belts, 03 and up is 10 years. I read in other forums where others have tried to get their seat belts warranted with mixed results so I came prepared with the info I learned via the inter webs and told the dealership the problem and about the warranty info I stumbled upon. He went out to my truck, inspected the seat belt and wrote down the VIN for verification. Came back to his computer and did some checking and to my surprise said "Yep your right, still under warranty". Then said technically the warranty ends 50 years after the vehicle was produced with a maximum mileage of 999,999. He then took my information and said he would call when the new seat belt came in. I will check back in when the new belt is installed.

Some of you may have already been aware of this but I though hey, its a small win and I'm happy that my local dealership held up their end of the bargain.::wink::

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I thought seat belts were pretty much warrantied for the life of the vehicle. Wurprised you found a 10 year warranty.
Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yup, got my 96 seat belts warrantied. I had to buy new ones for my 2005 tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the new seat belt installed, it took nearly a week to get the part but it finally came and it looks great! One again I'm still in amazement that Nissan warranties the seat belts in a 16 year old truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts