Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 Frontier, crew cab, long bed. Love love love the truck and for years have been searching for the long bed at a price I could afford. No more hauling lumber in the family wagon after moving car seats etc. etc. Anyway I've just go one little nag about the truck (other than the obnoxious EXP sticker on the side) soon to be removed.

DO the trucks come from the factory with this nose down look. I took a tape measure to the wheel gap and the rear sits about 2in higher than the front. I know its not a big deal but I'd defiantly like it to sit level or at least close to it. Any advice or knowledge on if this is a factory direct setup?

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
Welcome,
Congrats on the truck !
Nose down is also know in the truck world as "factory rake"
The back of the truck is sitting higher for towing / hauling. The rake is created because the leaf springs are stronger than needed for an unloaded bed, but level out when under load.

Although 2" seems like quite a bit....looks like the previous owner did some modifications ? after market rims ? EXP sticker , and what else ? Did the previous own raise the rear to get that look , Lower the front ? not sure.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Excellent choice, welcome to the forums

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Load some of that wood you were talking about into the bed, or google "leveling kit".

Congrats on the CCLW.

·
Vendor
2,584 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your truck, looks great! You're joining a great community. Folks here are very willing to help and share information. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts