Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2001 supercharged w/ approx. 200 K miles...was thinking about using Seafoam in the crankcase, but a little leary about running it through the air/fuel system. Anyone have any experience with this stuff either pro or con? Don't want to risk any expensive damage. Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
I did it about a month ago. Sprayed/poured that **** into everything. Intake manifold. Cylinders. Gas tank. You name it. Let it sit for a few hours, started it up, then drove around the block a few times. Did a pretty good job cleaning gunk off piston heads too.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
4,092 Posts
I've used it a number of times on multiple vehicles. I definitely notice a difference afterwards. I slowly induce about 1/3 of the bottle thru the vacuum line connected to brake booster. Just induce slowly. The vacuum will actually suck it in as you pour. I usually let it sit for about 30 minutes before I start it back up to burn off the deposits. I replace the spark plugs afterwards. Don't know if I'm wasting money by doing that nor do i care. But if my plugs are fairly new.... I'll put the previous old set of plugs back in just for the Seafoam treatment. I'll add 1/3 to the crankcase if it happens to be time for an oil change as well. The final 1/3 of the bottle goes into the gas tank.

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I've used it a number of times on multiple vehicles. I definitely notice a difference afterwards. I slowly induce about 1/3 of the bottle thru the vacuum line connected to brake booster. Just induce slowly. The vacuum will actually suck it in as you pour. I usually let it sit for about 30 minutes before I start it back up to burn off the deposits. I replace the spark plugs afterwards. Don't know if I'm wasting money by doing that nor do i care. But if my plugs are fairly new.... I'll put the previous old set of plugs back in just for the Seafoam treatment. I'll add 1/3 to the crankcase if it happens to be time for an oil change as well. The final 1/3 of the bottle goes into the gas tank.

Be considerate of your neighbors if you Seafoam your engine. I didn't pay attention to my surroundings the very first time I used it and I didn't even realize the wind sent all the smoke directly to the neighbors at the end of the culdesac where my folks live. I couldn't apologize enough for disrupting their BBQ. They've known me since I was a kid and knew it wasn't intentional. To this day they still give me a hard time about it whenever I go visit my folks. The first thing they ask when I go to say hi is..."So did you come just to smoke out the neighborhood and leave again?"

·
Registered
181 Posts
Although I've used it, I'm now alittle leary about usin it in the crankcase. Last time I did it in a 4.8 GMC it dissolved what was left of the oil pressure sensors diaphram causing a massive oil leak.(which of course I didnt discover until 5pm on the side of 75/85 in downtown Atlanta.)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Although I've used it, I'm now alittle leary about usin it in the crankcase. Last time I did it in a 4.8 GMC it dissolved what was left of the oil pressure sensors diaphram causing a massive oil leak.(which of course I didnt discover until 5pm on the side of 75/85 in downtown Atlanta.)
Not the ritzy side of town, huh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts