Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I'm real close tio buying and I'm trying to make up my mind between the SE or the LE. Some of you might have an SE and wish you bought the LE. Tell me your likes and dislikes between the two.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i got the LE because i primarily wanted the color matched bumpers, handles, and mirrors. you should go up to the LE if you want:

- standard fog lamps
- standard step rails
- standard roof rack
- standard 17" wheels

interior has a little extra but nothing worth noting. other than that, its the same great engine. good luck on your choice...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got the LE and i did the right choice. I got everything the LE has to offer plus i got some Utility Track accesories(Bed divider & Bed Extender) that comes with my truck with no extra charge. :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got a SE

I got the SE because you can save money upfront and always add the options you want later and I think most after markets options look better than the stock options anyway. The LE and SE are the same truck mechanically.

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
I got the SE so I could get the 6m in 2x4

the nismo was only available with the 6m and 4x4 :(

or I would have gotten the nismo...

·
Registered
18 Posts
i went with the LE because I wanted the color matching and the roof rack and nerf bars.

I do not like the 4 spoke wheels though....

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
You did not mention if you are looking at a CC or a KC. The roof rack does not come
on the KC thank goodness. The color matching parts are on the CC only too. I got the
LE because it had the closest to the things I wanted.

From what I am reading on the forums if you want a roof rack you would do best to order a truck with it installed. It is a bear to add to the SE from what it is showing on the forums.

OkieScot

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went with the LE CC, had all I needed and space to carry the family. Only thing I regret is not getting the VDC option, although would probably have to have done a NISMO package

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got the LE and now wish I would have gotten the SE with the 6 speed.

I kept confusing the features of the Frontier and the Titan. For some dumb reason, I thought I was getting the Titan LE and not the Frontier LE.

·
Registered
398 Posts
SE for the 6 speed manual. This was a must for me. Would have liked to had the NISMO seats and e-locker but had to have the manual.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I got an LE so i wouldn't have to buy the stuff that comes standard on it if i got the SE,plus i like the 4 spoke wheels.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just realized that I probably said the wrong thing! I should have gotten the limited slip diff instead of the open. Any clues as to if this is expenive to have switched?

Looking for max traction at reduced cost..

Cheers

·
Registered
226 Posts
SE + M6 + 2WD = FUN
i like the five spoke rims better, and there's more room for customization

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
SnarfFrontier_06 said:
there's more room for customization
Kind of like the difference between buying a finished masterpiece, or a paint by numbers! :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
I got the SE because I wanted a manual and didn't like the 4-spoke wheels or color-matched bumpers. I actually prefer the traditional chrome bumpers. Also, I read a good article in 4 Wheeler (or something like that) where they reviewed wheel/tire sizes as it related to off-roading. Their conclusion was that a 16" wheel was the max for good offroading. The only thing my truck didn't have that I wanted was fog lights, so I added them later for $60. Also, I got my bed Rhino lined. The factory bed liner has had too many issues. I know the Rhino liner will be solid for the life of the truck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The main reason I went with the SE was the price, I thought it was the best deal and really couldnt afford the LE, would love to have a sunroof though. In the next couple of years Ill deck it out with some extras, Iam very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had my heart set on an SE until I realized that the CC LE was only about 900 bucks more than a CC SE auto with the power package. I planned on adding the body side moldings, fog lights, side bars and an auto-dimming homelink mirror to an SE... those things are included with the LE and make up a big chunk of that $900 difference. Then as a bonus you get auto headlamps, matching exterior trim (but chrome does look good too), roof rack (some people just hate the looks, I don't), 6 speakers, a little nicer interior, 17" wheels with better tires, more advanced trip computer (MPG, distance to empty, etc.), leather steering wheel and DRUMROLL.... a first aid kit and illuminated vanity mirrors :lol:

I'm sorry I forgot if you mentioned you were thinking about a KC or a CC, the KC does not include a few of those things. There are also a few more options available to the LE if your heart so desires. To me it was a no brainer, the LE is very well worth the money. It just gets expensive once you start adding on alot of those options typical to an LE like sunroof, leather, rockford sound, etc.

The LE may come with alot of stuff already equipped, but trust me you will NOT have trouble finding mods if that's something you are interested in!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts