Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of tape or other material can be used on the dash, to route the cable without damaging the finish upon removal?

Thank you all for your info and assistance. I have followed scan and ultra gauge threads, but haven't seen my solution. I would like to, if possible, semi-permanently mount my gauge in the dash tray (like in the picture, but a little higher.)

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
You could use 3M Double Sided tape - used for my dash cams & smart remote starter antenna (mounted on the windshield) and phone mounts. I actually went with the 20lb tape and has held up in the FL heat well. It does peel off easily if you are patient to work from the corners and roll the tape off.

You wouldn't prefer the mirror mount for the ScanGuage? It may be difficult to read mounted on the dash; before swapping out my RF headunit, I had a back up flip up monitor there and it was sometimes difficult to see due to the glare.

Here's an old pic I had from Apr 2015.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boomer32, thanks, very much for your post. The Scangauge does look good, the way you have it mounted. I was concerned about having the cord being in the way, but I see that you have hidden it somehow. Do you have a write up of how you did that?

Also, BTW, I was unable to get a display for transmission temp. The manual said that it just wouldn't show the gauge when a display is not available. Does your scangauge have a transmission temp display? Thanks, again, for some great help! Going for the 20lb 3M tape.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Boomer32, thanks, very much for your post. The Scangauge does look good, the way you have it mounted. I was concerned about having the cord being in the way, but I see that you have hidden it somehow. Do you have a write up of how you did that?

Also, BTW, I was unable to get a display for transmission temp. The manual said that it just wouldn't show the gauge when a display is not available. Does your scangauge have a transmission temp display? Thanks, again, for some great help! Going for the 20lb 3M tape.
Cord runs behind the headliner, pretty easy to do.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
No write up - it literally took me about 15 minutes to install. Remove the two bolts from the handle on the pillar, pop off the trim and route the cable along the roof trim, down the pillar and under the steering column to plug to the OBII port.

Trans temp unfortunately doesn't come as an option(X-Gauge commands) for our vehicles. I usually have mine set to view RPM's, FWT(water temp), VLT(Battery Voltage), and MPH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts