Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious what gauges you were using in your ScanGauge II?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
RPM, timing advance, intake temp, coolant temp are the usuals

·
Registered
177 Posts
Engine Load (helps predict transmission behavior), water temp, MPG real-time, and a custom gauge- accumulated MPG for the current trip

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine from Scott at Fontana Nissan. Best price I have seen for it. Send him a message to see what he can do for you.

·
Super Moderator
11,070 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
RPM, MPH, AVG MPG, Water Temp

btw, does anyone know if there is a way to have a avg mpg that doesn't reset every time you turn off the engine?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Engine Load (helps predict transmission behavior), water temp, MPG real-time, and a custom gauge- accumulated MPG for the current trip
What do you look for in Engine Load? I just got the ScanGauge and was just looking at what to monitor on my truck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
RPM, MPH, AVG MPG, Water Temp

btw, does anyone know if there is a way to have a avg mpg that doesn't reset every time you turn off the engine?
Yes- make an X gauge for the 'day' or 'tank'... not sure of the codes- see the instruction manual. Also if you hit the menu button as soon as you start the car, sometimes the current trip gauges will not reset.

Regarding the engine load (LOD) gauge- generally if you're just cruising and maintaining speed- if you keep the load <=90% then it wont downshift- at least on my truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts