Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a Scangauge II , mainly to check the Transmission fluid temp. I called Scangauge and asked if it would check the Transmission fluid temp.They didn't know, but gave the Scangauge codes that they thought might work. If anyone has a Scangauge II, I was hoping to see if they worked.The codes are

Here are the codes for CAN vehicles all vehicles 08 and newer are required to be CAN.

TXD: 07E022110B or try 0C if 0B doesn't work
RXF: 04620511060B or try 0C if 0B doesn't work
RXD: 3018
MTH: 00090005FFD8
NAM: TFT

The older ones would use the ISO protocol. This was starting to be picked up by manufacturers as early as 04, but most started using in 06 or 07

TXD: 686AF122110B or try 0C if 0B doesn't work
RXF: 04620511060B or try 0C if 0B doesn't work
RXD: 3018
MTH: 00090005FFD8
NAM: TFT

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for posting these. I was waiting for them to release the code for tranny temp. I will try to remember to check these codes tonight.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well well well. Great minds think alike. Been googleing high and low for an answer to this.
Search function here sucks, but it finally turned up on page three.

So does someone have an answer?
I'd like to know, before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I tried the above codes on my scangage II and it didn't work in any combination for me! If it worked for anyone else, i'd like to know!

P.S. This is my 101st post.... I'm no longer a virgin! :laugh:

·
Registered
40 Posts
manual trans

I'd check it out by I got a manual trans and I don't think there's a temp sensor in the manual trans.

I've noticed that a few of the 'xgauge' (programmable gauges) don't seem to work. (Like the intake air temp.)

Its still an awesome tool though! There's at least twenty different pieces of info you can get from it. It can really help you boost fuel mileage as it can give you instant fuel mileage, trip fuel mileage, tank average fuel mileage and lots of other stuff. Also can do instant horsepower.

I found mine on Amazon for 120 brand new. (usually 160)

Actually I can get intake air temp I just can't get ambient air temp.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
not sure, but i dont think there is a temp sensor in the automatics either. anyway, i tried it too and doesnt work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you for the quick responses guys.

I guess that kills the SC idea.
I'm sure the tranny has a temp sensor, it does have an idiot light, if IIRC.
Too bad the SC gauge doesn't work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Zero.
So I suppose the dealer gets the ATF temps from Consult II when they're checking proper level.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm back to the drawing board. Thought I had it all figured out when i saw the SCII was displaying tranny temps. LOL.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Update:

I reached out to Linear Logic, and they've confirmed that their Scan Gauge II doesn't read Nissan's ATF temp sensors:

Unfortunately, transmission temperature is currently unavailable for Nissan vehicles. Our engineers are working to improving this feature. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank You,

Leah O'Campo
Communications Administrator
Linear Logic, LLC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts