Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out in at the far east end of Mesa, Arizona and I saw a red crew cab truck with a prominent Nissan logo on the grille that I did not recognize having seen before.

Did not have time to get a picture. It was going the other direction and this was during rush-hour.

Now, two things. First, this is snowbird season so we get a LOT of Canadians here. I thought that the Canadians still have the D40 truck though. Second, sometimes Mexican vehicles end up this far north. Could this be a Mexican Nissan pickup truck?

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,802 Posts
We don't have anything up here that is different than the US - unless someone has imported something from Asia, but it would need to be over 15 years old.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps. It was red. Unfortunately it was moving too quickly to even see the plate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It may be a test vehicle from another market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
The old GM proving grounds are out there if I remember it was off signal butte hey TWX use to live off Higley in Gilbert

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I was talking to a dealer today about a 2017 Frontier they have and he was telling me the NEW Frontier for the US market will not be the same body style as the Navara and that we'll see it this year. Said based on focus groups, the American market would not be as accepting as the markets the Navara is in now. For what it's worth, who knows?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess it makes sense that if the current D40 still sells reasonably well and still gets some positive press (not long ago it won a head-to-head on TFL Trucks for smaller trucks) that there's little incentive to replace it with something that might not sell so well.

It's just surprising that they're up to fourteen model years and it wouldn't be surprising if they end up with a D40 for 2019 at this rate, meaning fifteen model years with only mild incremental changes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was driving from Ft. Worth to Panama City Beach last week and in a traffic jam on I-10 in Baton Rouge I was next to a new 2019 Frontier for 20 min. it had Frontoer in the lower left tailgate.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was driving from Ft. Worth to Panama City Beach last week and in a traffic jam on I-10 in Baton Rouge I was next to a new 2019 Frontier for 20 min. it had Frontoer in the lower left tailgate.
Can you give a description. Or was the 2019 the same as the existing gen Frontier.

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
...that's where the normal "Frontier" emblem was for the last how many years now (?)

I've seen 2 2018-ish Navara NP300's near my area in the last year, one red crew cab with a Mexico plate, the other white with weird tags and no plate. The red one looked pretty good, the white one looked like a base model mule of some sort with a covered hood.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I guess it makes sense that if the current D40 still sells reasonably well and still gets some positive press (not long ago it won a head-to-head on TFL Trucks for smaller trucks) that there's little incentive to replace it with something that might not sell so well.

It's just surprising that they're up to fourteen model years and it wouldn't be surprising if they end up with a D40 for 2019 at this rate, meaning fifteen model years with only mild incremental changes.

This right here is why I bought a Nissan Frontier. Incremental improvements and it is now a great truck. No need to go through all the growing pains of direct injection, and unproven technologies, unproven materials, etc. The fact that it was $8k less than the competitors for a similarly equipped vehicle was another major advantage.

The price alone is why Nissan Frontiers are selling well and are profitable. If Nissan brings out a new model and it is priced closer to the competition, they will have more competition.

My only negative about the Frontier is the seats, but that is because I have a very bad back. Looking for seats with more side bolstering and more adjustability had me almost trade out the Frontier for a new Camaro, but can't tow a trailer with a Camaro. LOL!

·
Registered
664 Posts
My only negative about the Frontier is the seats, but that is because I have a very bad back. Looking for seats with more side bolstering and more adjustability had me almost trade out the Frontier for a new Camaro, but can't tow a trailer with a Camaro. LOL!

I got a "back-support" cushion from my chiropractor which helps a lot !! :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I got a "back-support" cushion from my chiropractor which helps a lot !! :)

I ended up getting an air adjustable lumbar cushion installed in the seat. The cushions that go on the seat pushed me too far forward in the seat and made the seat bottom uncomfortable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts