Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Kenwood head unit that's satellite ready and have a tuner on the way. Any suggestion as to where I should mount the tuner or the antenna. I have some ideas, but I don't know how professional it will look.

Also, they recommend mounting the antenna on the roof. Has anyone mounted it on the dash?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I recently installed a Sirius Satellite Radio and ran the Antenna cable from the center of the rear roof down into the passengers door under the carpet to the center of dash. With the CC I had to mount it off center as the roof rack could cause signal interference.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
My antenna is mounted right next to my roof rack on the front of the truck and I have experienced and interferance.

The tuner fits nicely inside the dash if you get the SIR-KEN mini tuner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where in the dash did you mount the tune?. did you get rid of the pocket underneath the head unit? I'm guessing that i'm not lucky enough that you have any pics.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
No I don't have any pics. The pocket is still there. The type of tuner I have is small enough that it fits beneath the pocket and radio bracket on top of the AC plumbing.

·
Registered
460 Posts
silvrbreez said:
My antenna is mounted right next to my roof rack on the front of the truck and I have experienced and interferance.
You have or haven't experienced signal loss with it there?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Nope. None at all.

·
Registered
460 Posts
lehighfb75 said:
are you guys running the antenna wire throught the doors or did you get it through the firewall?
Currently running it through the door but I might re-run the wire to be better hidden.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mounted my sirius reciever right in front of the shifter in the tray. I ran the antenna cable through the 3rd brake light, but needed to put a bead of calk to seal it. Easy install, took me about an hour and it works and looks great. I take some pics and post'em later.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I've got my antenna for my XM system mounted just foreward of the cargo light on the roof. I removed the cargo light housing and ran the wire through the headliner around the rear glass and down to the carpet and under the bottom door trim and into the dash. Took about 1 hour to do. You pretty much can't even see it from the ground.

You'll need an 8mm deep socket to get the cargo light off (remove the plastic caps on the rear headliner to get at the nuts).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts