Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been asking around for info but long story short I’m wondering what the options are for solid axle swapping a 2nd gen fronty. I’ve seen it done with newer Toyota’s and I was just curious about what axles we can use and how it works with ABS/ VDC and all that. Is it realistic or worth it if I want to keep the truck street legal? To clarify I’m fully educated on titan swapping and all the IFS options and the pro’s and con’s between IFS and SAS I’m strictly asking about solid axle options

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
From the research I have done it is easiest to swap in jk axles since they use tone rings similar to ours, not exact but close, so that means the speedo will be off. Rugged Rocks sells a abs kit for Dana 60’s that allows the use of Nissan tone rings for the front axle if I am not mistaken. Unit bearings can also be used from aftermarket retailers. As mentioned in Prereunner Greg’s build, Penske61 SAS’ed his wife’s frontier and did a write up. If you want to make it he easiest, use Jk axles but with some work junkyard axles can work too. I have been doing research for a sas and have researched what people have done for JKs too since they come with tone rings too.

·
Registered
833 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts