Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have the stillen sc with an underdriven crank? Just wondering if it's possible. Figured when I install, I'll be in there anyways so if it can be done, that'd be the time.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Anyone here have the stillen sc with an underdriven crank? Just wondering if it's possible. Figured when I install, I'll be in there anyways so if it can be done, that'd be the time.
Are you talking about doing that to increase boost? If so you would need an overdriven crank pulley(bigger) or underdriven(smaller) SC pulley to allow the SC to turn faster, therefore producing more boost, and hopefully more power.
If thats what you mean, than yes Brutal has done that I believe. However doing this with a stock Stillen setup is probably a mistake. It's fuel system/ECU operating system isn't good enough for the standard 5-6 psi it produces. You would also need a good intercooler for more boost. Also it's questionable whether our stock vq40 pistons can handle much more boost. If I understand from brutal, the top of the pistons are fairly fragile due to the rungs being put close to the top for better emissions.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks rdr! Yeah I was reading through brutals thread awhile back about the pistons. Was gonna tune through uprev instead of the piggyback. Sorry if offtopic but are the stage 2 cams you put in the 350z ones?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts