Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
my truck is NA... i was figuring as much. i was reading up on the other forum, and there is a lot of different parts to exchange and what not... seems like its more than a head ache.

ill stick with the basic mods first before jumping on the S/C. would be sweet though!

other forum for ref:
Frontire, N/A to S/C conversion? [Archive] - Tampa Racing
Here is the best advice I have, and many other board members would probably concur...DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Do you have any idea the headaches involved with the 3.3L supercharged Frontiers....if not, do a quick search on this forum, I guarantee you'll be quickly discouraged!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Here is the best advice I have, and many other board members would probably concur...DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Do you have any idea the headaches involved with the 3.3L supercharged Frontiers....if not, do a quick search on this forum, I guarantee you'll be quickly discouraged!
There are no headaches.
They have the same issues N/A frontys have.
Piece of S**T exhaust manifolds ,and Knock sensors that are gauranteed to fail.

For the most part they are very reliable trucks although not very powerful considering they are S/C but definently more energetic than a N/A 3.3 .

It would be a waste to try and install a OEM S/C on a N/A truck.
If you really like the S/C truck you would be better off trading yours in for one.

My dads 01 S/C has 199k ,and runs great.
Still on OEM supercharger although I know its about time to replace it or rebuild it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea im not gonna do it, haha. i wish i did get the S/C model though, hell i wish i would of gotten the 2nd gen... but thats a secret, dont tell my 1st gen that ;)

ill stick with what i got. its almost paid off so im gonna start making it my project truck... slowly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts