Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping my son's girlfriend with her '99 Frontier that she just bought.

It has rusted rear panels on the box. I searched the Internet pretty aggressively this morning and could find no replacement panels anywhere.

Has anyone on this forum repaired rust around a rear panel wheel well?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You can't get rear panels, it's going to be a whole new bed or have someone cut out rust and fabricate panels to replace bad area weld them in sand, fill, sand, and paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep

That is what I was beginning to think. Well, guess I will take her around to some body shops.

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
You can't get rear panels, it's going to be a whole new bed or have someone cut out rust and fabricate panels to replace bad area weld them in sand, fill, sand, and paint.
Has this always been the case = needing to buy a whole new Gen 1 bed? Or did Nissan (simply?) run out of surplus rear quarter panels? Are there aftermarket rear quarter panels?

Is this the case for Gen 2 beds/quarter panels as well?

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
It's always been the case with Nissan trucks. They make panels for US domestic trucks, like F-150's and Chevy Silverados, but you have to remember the number of Frontiers sold in the US in no way compares to the number of trucks sold by Ford, Chevy or Dodge. So, a patch panel either has to be fabricated or a good section from a salvage yard truck needs to be cut out and used. Gen 2's, Hardbodies, 720's are the same way.

Reactions: Blue Devil

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
It's always been the case with Nissan trucks. They make panels for US domestic trucks, like F-150's and Chevy Silverados, but you have to remember the number of Frontiers sold in the US in no way compares to the number of trucks sold by Ford, Chevy or Dodge. So, a patch panel either has to be fabricated or a good section from a salvage yard truck needs to be cut out and used. Gen 2's, Hardbodies, 720's are the same way.
Whoa, this must make for tough calls re: insurance claims => expensive proposition since a single quarter panel is not an option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts