Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 2 or 3 weeks ago i started noticing my truck was running quite rough and felt like it was going to die quite often. I had to blip the throttle while coming to a stop after pushing in the clutch and sometimes the engine would just die while coasting like I turned off the ignition.

I started with the spark plugs and that seemed to help some. It still ran rough but it seemed to catch right before it died most of the time so i think that was part of the problem. Changed the fuel filter and that took care of MOST of the problem. It still kinda sputters from time to time and rarely dies on me while coasting in neutral like i turned off the ignition.

so my question is, what else can i look at changing/cleaning/fixing?

I know I haven't been on here in like 8 months but this concerns me quite a bit and feel you guys are quite knowledgeable.

oh and my truck is an 03 4 banger 5 speed almost 60k miles.

·
Registered
443 Posts
a major tune up would be in order... rotor, cap, sec wires. also try cleaning your tb, and maf. also see if there are any codes in the ecu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2001 Frontier was doing the same. They cleaned the EGR and did a tune up. Runs better, but now it's still sputtering going down highway. They are still diagnosing.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Fuel sending unit? I had to replace mine. connectors had corroded, due to a crappy recall fix, and I would die coasting in neutral,and wouldn't start back up

·
Registered
23 Posts
Start with a cap and rotor. You can check the resitance in your plug wires with an ohm meter to see if they are still in speck before spending $50 on those. Don't know what the range is off hand. Would have to look it up. If the are stiff and hard, they are probably due.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts