Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a fast question. I got a new head unit as a gift, a Kenwood double din, model DPX502BT. Normally I'd never run a 2 ohm load on just a deck, but I really wanna install this unit now, instead of waiting to get new speakers. Has anyone else hooked up just an aftermarket deck in their truck and kept the stock speakers without problems?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have had a new deck for 2 years with the rockford amp and system. No issues. sounds way better then stock. IDK if that helps cause of the amp but i thought i would put in my 5 cents.

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
Just a fast question. I got a new head unit as a gift, a Kenwood double din, model DPX502BT. Normally I'd never run a 2 ohm load on just a deck, but I really wanna install this unit now, instead of waiting to get new speakers. Has anyone else hooked up just an aftermarket deck in their truck and kept the stock speakers without problems?
It's not a problem, your OEM speakers might be 2-Ohm but they won't even draw anywhere close to the 50Wx4 RMS of your DPX502BT.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I dont see a problem I have an older Kenwood Excelon DNX-6960 and when I first installed it I ran OE speakers without any problem

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the answers. If someone has done it successfully then I should be fine doing it too.

I was just worried because I know the deck's internal amp isn't like an external amp that's made for 2-4 ohm loads. If my understanding is correct of what happens when you turn up the volume, then maybe I can keep it turned down low enough, limiting voltage output, which reduces current, and therefore wattage, and therefore also reducing heat.

I just don't want to damage the deck's amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts