Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

New Frontier owner here - just picked up an '06 Nismo CC. 55k, auto, with (I think) value package (MP3, hill descent, etc). I'm probably a bit too brand loyal for my own good, but I have always had good experience with Nissan's. The Frontier stands out among all the Toco's in work's parking lot, but I take a little pride in that. :)

Anyway this has proven to be everything I need in a truck - mostly used for outdoor type ventures: camping, canoeing, etc. I don't plan on making this any sort of insane rig, but the offroad package has proven useful for some of those obscure camp sites for sure.

So far so good - looking forward to reading much more here hopefully contributing as well.

Cheers,
Jamie from PA.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Looks pretty much like what I have.

How are those Toyo tires?

Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are those Toyo tires?
Well to be honest I have a pretty narrow field of experience with them - unsure on when they were installed by PO, but they look to only have a few 1000mi on them.

No notcable road noise, and traction has never been an issue (muddy/grassy/rutted trails). We'll see once the snow starts to fly.

TPMS triggered once or twice after a bit of driving, but has since reset (I had to bump the pressure up from reccomended 35 to 36-37. Most of my driving (unfortunately) is commuting and so the extra pressure seems to help a bit - I suspect a bit of sidewall flex on cornering but then again this is a truck (still partially getting used to that fact).

They fit the need and look pretty aggressive as well - the picture doesn't do them justice. *just* enough room in the fenders to keep from rubbing the front mudflaps/well liner.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
HI AND welcome!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
249 Posts
welcome. prepare to be not satisfied...ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts