Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
need advice on running boards. Are these $110 once on ebay any good?
Looks like OEM are about $250 or so.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Gents,
need advice on running boards. Are these $110 once on ebay any good?
Looks like OEM are about $250 or so.

Thanks in advance.
If you mean these, yes they do look similar to the oem. They are probably strong enough to step on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought the i board off ebay for $190. I live in Minnesota, so they use salt on the roads for 4 months out of the year. The finish is bubbling already from corrosion. Two winters! They're plenty strong, decent quality.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I bought the i board off ebay for $190. I live in Minnesota, so they use salt on the roads for 4 months out of the year. The finish is bubbling already from corrosion. Two winters! They're plenty strong, decent quality.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Same here, except I'm in WI. I ordered the wrong ones. I meant to order black powder coated stainless bars. Had them both in my cart and got the wrong ones. Oh well. Gives me a reason to buy something different next spring.

·
Registered
908 Posts
They look like the ones I got, kinda thin walled but they work like they should. I don’t think I would put the weight on them that it says they will hold. Mines a KC and run wheel to wheel...why I got em.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The look is pretty much OEM and will do well enough for the most part, not so much off road because there are no deflection angles on it. Am swicthing mine out for some tyger ones from amazon that are more tubing/rock slider style to see how they hold up to off road abuse until I get rock sliders.
Tyger Auto TG-AM2N20158 Star Armor Kit for 2005-2018 Nissan Frontier/2005-2012 Suzuki Equator Crew Cab | Textured Black | Side Step Rails | Nerf Bars | Running Boards https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01M0RZ22T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hY65DbNCP1G01

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same here, except I'm in WI. I ordered the wrong ones. I meant to order black powder coated stainless bars. Had them both in my cart and got the wrong ones. Oh well. Gives me a reason to buy something different next spring.
In the rust belt it doesn't matter how well the powder coating, or rust proofing, the ride slowly returns to dust!!! I've learned no matter how well you take care of it, it still ends up in the same place. Just looks a little better than the rest! Lol!! Enjoy it while you can!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts