Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Running 20s and 33s

9K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Monsta720 
#1 ·
Ok guys so if anyone has ever wondered what u need to do to run 20s and 33s and clear without having to trim +3 inches on your finders I have a guy that did this to his 2wf in Hawaii and he said he has little to no rub and did minor trimming

His build is a fabtech 6 inch suspension lift with a 3 inch body lift (for clearence) he is running 22x14s with 33 inch tires. He is running 1.5inch wheel adapters all the way around for a different bolt pattern

Soo with this being said my intentions are to basically build a 6 inch kit without the cost of a fabtech lift kit. So my build will consist of:

Titan swap
CTS spindles
And a 3 inch body lift for the front. This should allow 7-9 inches (depending on how my Titan swap goes) before the body lift

As for the rear I'll be doing this:

Custom leaf springs combined with Titan and frontier leafs
Shackles
And possibly some blocks to make up for 6 inches in the rear before the body lift

I'll post a pic of his truck below so you can see what his truck looks like and as soon as I get all mine done I'll be sure to add pics with mine.

Hope this may help people who like me want to run 20 inch deep dish rims and 33 inch tires.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Might not look so bad if he had used wheels with proper offset. The tires sticking so far out of the fenders just does not look good to me.
It is his truck and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Besides he doesn't take suggestions or criticism very well.

#7 · (Edited)
Ok so as I stated before this thread was not to make comments for negativity. If someone wants to do this to there truck then now they know what they have to do to clear it. Not saying y'all have to all do this. Whoever wants to do this knows what they have to buy and get into. It's a thread to help people out. Not down a dudes truck

Personally I don't like the 5 inch negative offset either I think it's a little to much but not my truck not my thoughts. Just saying

#8 ·
Honestly it's a case of what looks good to you, no need to bash someone's idea of what they prefer. We have folks riding around these parts who will put 22"-24" rims on anything. There's a Prius on the other side of town that is sitting on 24" rims for crying out loud that I see every so often on my commute.

Do I personally like that? No but then again, I feel a truck should be a truck and needs to operate like a truck. One of the worst sins around this part of the country is all the trucks I see with low profile slick tires that the kids try to make into speed machines. If you wanted to go fast in the first place, a truck is the last platform you should start with, but hey, it's their money.

Reactions: Monsta720
#14 ·
I'll 2nd the Xterra pack recommendation. I just did this to a friends Frontier and we got 4" out of it (as mtaylor said). The ride is pretty good as well. We got the Xterra pack for free on TNX by just asking, those guys swap out the packs all the time as they sag on Xterras quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.