Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just installed the PRG 2 inch spacer lift with the 1.5 inch block for my 2010 PRO4X. My understanding was that this would allow me to fit the 285/70/17 tire. However, when I went to Discount Tire yesterday I had them put on the Level 8 MK6's with the BFG KM2's (285/70/17) and it was rubbing really bad. The guy helping me seemed to think that putting on a wheel with a higher offset will allow clearance to fit that tire so we ordered the Fuel Maverick's and they should be here by sometime tomorrow. Do you guys think this will work? Did we do something wrong with the lift installation or alignment problems possibly? I'm not sure what we did wrong and if you guys have any ideas, please let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
809 Posts
Higher offset, like positive or negative offset? Generally when people refer to higher offset, they mean going more negative and pushing the wheel out further. If this is the case it'll make the rub worse. You just need to do the melt mod and be done with it. Swapping wheels won't solve the problem, unless you get an offset close to stock.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Higher offset as in pushing the wheel further in to make it closer to stock. What's the melt mod and how difficult is that to do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts