Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So step 1 was having the VSS replaced and the wiring tested to the cluster. Put on a live-data OBD-II reader and it showed everything normal except the VSS staying at 0 and never changing.

Then I sent the cluster out to Mr. Whizard. Nice bunch of folks. They tested it and found everything fine.

So now once I get the cluster reinstalled, I am at a loss as to what to do next.

The speedo and odometer died right when I disengaged the cruise control. Is it possible that the cc switch went bad and is shorting out the circuit somehow?

Guess I'm probably headed to the dealer next unless I can come up with something else.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nissan Frontier Factory Service Manuals

I don't know if you have looked at the factory service manual yet. If not, there is a diagnostic procedure for speedo/odo not working. I looked it up for my truck a 2002, and it was on page 80 of the EL (electrical systems) I'm not sure what your truck/engine is, hope it helps.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have - thanks - been through the tests, either me personally or the local shop. That's why I sent the cluster out for repair.

It's a real cluster foxtrot LOL.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thats to bad, everything points to the vehicle speed sensor, but if that's good......... Now my next idea, and I would want you to get a second opinion to make sure it won't do more harm than good. You said it happened with the cruise control, what if you disconnected the cc, and tried, on the off chance that it is a a cc problem. Just throwing here spitballs, to see if anything sticks. Good luck.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Cannot fix your issue but you can always use a GPS for a speedometer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts