Nissan Frontier Forum banner
241 - 260 of 289 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,655 Posts
try disconnecting the battery for a good couple days and see if that does it.

so many parts and options to point at, hard to say off the bat.
but i think that would be the first place i would want to start.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
The battery has been disconnected since sunday afternoon so I'll ask if it can start up on it's own later on. The IPDM is supposed to show up shortly and a new Costco 35 series battery is going in at the same time. I'll update as soon as I can :cool:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Ipdm is a no go.
replaced cam sensors also

Getting another ECM to test, also going to get all new timing chains and tensioners and redo the mechanical side as there is nothing else left to go wrong.

·
Premium Member
12,655 Posts
I wouldn’t do the timing. I heard the video of your truck running. It won’t suddenly break for no reason unless it’s a freak accident. If it did it wouldn’t even run.

It’s something else. It almost sounds like a ground.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Thanks for the input!

Will have them go over the grounds again, specifically to test continuity between all the sensor ground pins and the corresponding ECM ground pins as well as the main ECM ground pins and the chassis/battery. A supplemental 4ga ground was added between the block and chassis.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 · (Edited)
Just to recap, all wiring to all sensors toned out good, all new cam & crank sensors, trigger wheel on flex plate inspected and good to go, battery is new, IPDM is new.

With the VVT locked to 0* and the ignition timing locked at 15* at idle the timing light is showing its off. I will have exact numbers later on today as to how far its off but that is pointing towards something mechanical. Should have the timing stuff ordered today and the tear down in the coming week.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
It’s been a few weeks! The truck is fixed, one timing chain was off a tooth. With that out of the way it’s getting street tuned on the stock intake, injectors and the ls3 throttle body tomorrow.

Wednesday the new o rings for the VK45 intake manifold show up and we go from there.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Oh gotta love those little setbacks. They are frustrating but getting them sorted is certainly rewarding. Onward!

Reactions: sirnixalot

·
Premium Member
8,475 Posts
I know you knew some little thing was off...now you know it was! That is great news w/ even greater timing!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Yeah that was a trouble shooting nightmare and I did end up throwing a few parts at it that I didn't need to but I am always happy to have spares.

Ordering up a tire plug kit, small 12v compressor and a Noco jumper pack for the drive down, my brother was supposed to come with me but that fell through so it's a solo road trip.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Tuning is coming along, still on the stock injectors to keep variables to a minimum. Should have the drivability stuff out of the way in a day or 2 then onto the power side of things. Seems pretty responsive with the larger throttle body, looking forward to finally see/driving it next week.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ironman leaf packs and some eBay 2” strut spacers going in tomorrow, that’s the end of the mechanical work it would seem!

hopefully it doesn’t look too weird on the stock tires with a 2” lift.
It ought to look fine, I was titan swapped for a few months before upgrading tire size and it actually wasn't too out of place.

Reactions: sirnixalot

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 · (Edited)
That's good to know! Didn't want to be driving a "skipped leg day" truck that far 😂

In other news....It was a good run but I finally caught covid less than a week out from flying. So now I have to postpone the trip :(

241 - 260 of 289 Posts