Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 cc nismo 4x4. its all stock, 82k miles. i have found when the truck is cold (-10C and lower) the shift from 1st to 2nd is pretty rough, almost a clunk, it seems the shifts after that are ok. i dont drive my truck hard and mainly cruise around town and long highway trips.

i bought the truck with 72k miles used (repo) so not sure of the history, all fluids look good, if not new, tranny is still pretty red, dark but definately red (looks similar to my work truck with 70k km's on it).

just wondering if this is something to be concerned with or is it just a cold fluid thing?

·
Registered
770 Posts
my truck does the same, it's normal

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
i bought the truck with 72k miles used (repo) so not sure of the history, all fluids look good, if not new, tranny is still pretty red, dark but definately red (looks similar to my work truck with 70k km's on it).
We're talking about a 6 speed manual right? If the fluid was red, then it's aftermarket, and I'd be curious as to what exactly is in there.

If you're an auto, then N/M.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hey, My truck did this too. But it did it cold or hot! Only from 1st to 2nd. Mine is Auto, btw. And all the fluids looked 100%. I complaind to the dealer, they scaned it and said it reads good. So I took them on a test drive.... didnt even make it out of the dealership parking lot, before the teck said "oh, I feel it! Turn around!"

Then next week my truck had a new tranny in it, covered under warrenty.

My truck still does it slightly buy only if its real cold and once its up to temp... perfect.
Might want to look into it... or give alittle more detail. Does it go away after motor temp is up?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its auto, forgot to mention that.

It goes away when warm and it does it only sporatically when its cold, never did it in the summer. This is the trucks firsy winter in these temps (california truck) so I'm not sure. I am planning a tranny service when things warm up so well see if that helps.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It goes away when warm and it does it only sporatically when its cold, never did it in the summer. This is the trucks firsy winter in these temps (california truck) so I'm not sure. I am planning a tranny service when things warm up so well see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts

Sounds to me like its "all systems go" with your truck! Thats a good feeling right!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea for sure, was just wondering if it was a sign of worse things to come, hopefully shes all good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts