Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

Registered
Most would take a pass at it. Does not improve performance. Looks like ground clearance is even worst.
Can鈥檛 really see why anybody would want a 6鈥 lift. For looks ? Maybe for Mud Bogs.
Just my opinion .

Registered
anyone here running the RC 6" bracket lift?
pics, what is the size of the rear block?
I think a cat named Tommy Pearson III just got his lifted with it a few months back. Do a search using his name and check out his threads. He pops in now and then.

Registered
Tommy is a friend of mine.Good guy. He will answer your questions.
He has ridden in my truck before.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I saw bits and pieces of Tommy`s posts, looks like he is running a Pro comp set up.
was curious if he is running a PRG driveshaft spacer with that tall of a lift, and traction bars to prevent axle wrap.

Registered
Sorry for the super late response
I am running a Fabtech 6 inch drop lift
This particular lift does not change any position of the Drive shaft or axel
I have Stealth Shocks
Only issue with Rough Country is they rust easily and fast their shocks and parts

Should give you a idea of how it looks

Registered
6鈥 RC kit right here馃憢馃徎 Looks great, works like a champ so far. Only have it for looks and a lil added clearance, dont run it offroad tho outside of the usual stuff

Registered
8鈥!! Oh my!

Registered
Yessir, ive talked to a few people who have stretched theirs to 8鈥 via Bilsteins or in my case with the RC strut, add a level spacer and i plan to do AAL in the rear since i tow a decent amount. Will prob add 1.5鈥 wheel spacers to keep the fenders full. Wanting to do it sometime this winter when i get free time. Ive talked to one fella who took his to 10鈥 with a 2鈥 body and 8鈥 stretch. Id love to have it but 35s just kill the mpg, as long as i can stay on a 33 and keep getting 13-17mpg ill be happy. Didnt mean to steal the thread lol, if you have any lift questions just holler

Registered
Good luck with your project.
Looking forward to seeing it when done.
Not my thing( just lowered my truck) but curious none the less.

Registered
6鈥 RC kit right here馃憢馃徎 Looks great, works like a champ so far. Only have it for looks and a lil added clearance, dont run it offroad tho outside of the usual stuff
My Lift was for Purpose and the Kit I showed can be beaten like a Juvenile child that stole something lol lol
Also stretching out the Truck that much will degrade performance you should do a six inch with Wheel adapters and get 34 inches of tire for the extra inches on size

You will have a lot more issues going that high you will be replacing Tie rods and knuckles like crazy these guys aren't telling you the bad side of their lifts

Registered
Mine currently sits perfectly level. All 4 corners measured the same last time I checked it on pavement, 41.5鈥 if i remember right to the center of the fender wells. Id def recommend the 6鈥 rc and id prob opt for the lifted strut for 100$ more as i feel like it gives you a more solid, nicer product than a huge spacer. But if you wanted to go ahead and put nice new shocks, the standard spacer isnt a bad option either. I dont doubt that 8鈥 wont help the truck by any means, and yes it would technically hurt offroad performance bc i will give up 1.5鈥 of down travel. However, im pretty certain that the RC struts allow for extra travel over the standard kit, bc the standard kit reuses the factory strut, all it adds is lift. But i could be wrong. I figure i can go to 8鈥 for less than 200$ over 6鈥 and i drive about 5k miles a yr with this truck so far, i cant see where it should have anything wear terribly bad any time soon. If i dont like the finished product, im outta a few hrs of bolting stuff up and can resale my parts as a complete level kit so really cant loose too much there lol.

Registered
Mine currently sits perfectly level. All 4 corners measured the same last time I checked it on pavement, 41.5鈥 if i remember right to the center of the fender wells. Id def recommend the 6鈥 rc and id prob opt for the lifted strut for 100$ more as i feel like it gives you a more solid, nicer product than a huge spacer. But if you wanted to go ahead and put nice new shocks, the standard spacer isnt a bad option either. I dont doubt that 8鈥 wont help the truck by any means, and yes it would technically hurt offroad performance bc i will give up 1.5鈥 of down travel. However, im pretty certain that the RC struts allow for extra travel over the standard kit, bc the standard kit reuses the factory strut, all it adds is lift. But i could be wrong. I figure i can go to 8鈥 for less than 200$ over 6鈥 and i drive about 5k miles a yr with this truck so far, i cant see where it should have anything wear terribly bad any time soon. If i dont like the finished product, im outta a few hrs of bolting stuff up and can resale my parts as a complete level kit so really cant loose too much there lol.
You are adding a Body lift you're going to have to get lines that extend everything brakes steering those lines won't be long enough anymore

1 - 20 of 72 Posts