Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed rough country leveling kit on my 2013 sv and took it to Firestone when I took it there the wheel was straight and drove straight after the alligment I noticed the wheel off to the left a bit and it's pulling to the right so I called back and the guy told me it's probably pulling due to tire wear so I rotated the front tires and still pulls. Does the alligment look in spec for 2.5 leveling kit?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
Camber is a bit on the far side of the spec on both sides, but they are still within spec. If they were out of spec, they would show up in red like the "before alignment" sheet. You could always take it back and ask them to re-check it as you've swapped the front tires and it still pulls.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You want some pos camber so your tires don't roll as much in the corners, gives you a planted feeling in the turns. Problem with my lift was my camber went 1* neg, why I'm in need of some SPC UCAs. Your after numbers look good, but I can't understand how after a 2.5" lift. They should be neg on camber??? With neg your tires ride the road crown differently making the vehicle wander a lil more.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took it to my friends work to get the wheel straightened and when he put it on the rack for the alligment the camber was lower then what Firestone's numbers were I wanted to add the camber bolts I bought but like alot of the frontiers I couldn't budge the factory ones so I left them. You would think paying 103 for an alignment and calling them back same day to have them fix it they would say bring it in nope I would have had to wait a week so when they sent me the survey about how they did I said sucked and gave them bad review I also called headquarters and complained and got my money back. It took my friend 3 minutes and drives fine now

·
Registered
520 Posts
Pretty sure that's backwards
OOOPs, does this make it obvious that my ASE certifications lapsed back in 2002?

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
You want some pos camber so your tires don't roll as much in the corners, gives you a planted feeling in the turns. Problem with my lift was my camber went 1* neg, why I'm in need of some SPC UCAs. Your after numbers look good, but I can't understand how after a 2.5" lift. They should be neg on camber??? With neg your tires ride the road crown differently making the vehicle wander a lil more.
I have to disagree. I found negative camber lessens the drifting.All my vehicles have seen extensive travel in Baja,Mexico.Drifting if only for a second will get you killed.I always run negative camber.

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have to disagree. I found negative camber lessens the drifting.All my vehicles have seen extensive travel in Baja,Mexico.Drifting if only for a second will get you killed.I always run negative camber.
I apologized once already. I swear I will never post about camber again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Sorry,I posted not seeing your second post.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Makes me wonder? What is forum etiquette? Now that I've been exposed as a fraud, do I go back and edit my mistake? Or do I leave it since others have posted the correct info???

·
Premium Member
6,709 Posts
Makes me wonder? What is forum etiquette? Now that I've been exposed as a fraud, do I go back and edit my mistake? Or do I leave it since others have posted the correct info???
Depends... actually on this one, I would edit it with something lke "EDIT: Supposed to be neg" or something quick but visible... because this is the Internet; these days a lot of people will just read the first thing they see and then overreact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts