Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed these:

I want to add Fogs to my 2019 SV that didn’t come with factory fogs. I want brighter than OEM, and would prefer to skip swapping the stalk to get the fog switch.

Is there a way to jumper it so the fogs just automatically come on and off with the headlights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Are you wanting your fogs on while your brights are on as well?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking the same thing too until I read up on here how stupid easy it is to swap out the stalk.
Yea but that’s more money spent, when I leave my dogs on 100% of the time my headlights are on in my other vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Tap the high and low beam wiring at one of the headlamps, place an in-line diode in each branch then tie them together at the other end of the diodes, wire that to the new fog lamp relay coil control. Done. Will be on with highs or lows active.

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Frontier SE
1 Posts
I installed the Rough Country fog lights on my Frontier. The wiring of the lights is pretty easy, but installing the mounting brackets was pretty difficult, at least for me. I have a chrome bumper and the fog lights on the mounting brackets did not line up well at all with the fog light grommets/fog light openings; the fog lights poked out too much and knocked a grommet out while I was driving. I bought some washers to use as spacers to pull the lights back a bit and now all is good. My understanding is if you have the plastic bumper they fit nicely. I have the black series and they look super cool and are work really well. I also bought the RC rocker switch and cut the switch that came with the kit off (the switch that comes with the kit is super lame) and used terminal connectors to attach to the rocker switch. The RC rocker switch fits perfectly in the OEM switch slots - I mounted my switch to the left of my steering wheel. As far as connecting to headlights, can't help you there - not sure about that one. Overall I'm happy with them and am glad I got them. Anyways, hope this helps at least a little!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts