·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
Looks nice, wonder what kind of travel you get with it. No uca's so guessing stock?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Only works with 18" rims with 9" of back spacing. nice kit though!

·
Premium Member
6,670 Posts
WOW 6" shock spacer, 6" leaf spring block, and a bunch of cutting and chopping stuff. GLHF

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Yikes .... Definitely not for everyone

·
Registered
492 Posts
It looks better than it would perform I think. With as much work needed for that install Titan swap and call it good

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I kind of like it. If you look at the video you see a bunch of grass and stuff hanging off the bracket. Reminds you that you don't get any additional clearance, just hieght. Bro DOZER!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Pic from Facebook Nissan Frontier. I like the look but not so sure about getting set of wheels and tires. Like my current wheel/tire set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just did mine! Rides awesome. I am not ready to go extremely off-road yet so got the kit for "the look" to start out since it is my daily driver and will plan on getting custom coilovers in place of the strut spacers and some performance parts within a couple years before I hit some serious terrains! I am family man with 5 teens so gotta be last to be spending on - LOL.

The kit was pretty simple to install. I had some seized bolts so took little more time and with the orders of new LCA's and some hardware plus new leaf springs since one was broken in 2 places. Still no problem. No ABS or other lights on. Only had to relearn TPMS myself of course. I will get my braking system upgraded very soon so won't get hot and warped due bigger tires. Did some plastic and little metal trimmings because I went with bigger tires than RC recommended.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,670 Posts
Nice job.

That looks good, minus the wheels. But that's just IMO. And we all have O's. LOL

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just did mine! Rides awesome. I am not ready to go extremely off-road yet so got the kit for "the look" to start out since it is my daily driver and will plan on getting custom coilovers in place of the strut spacers and some performance parts within a couple years before I hit some serious terrains! I am family man with 5 teens so gotta be last to be spending on - LOL.

The kit was pretty simple to install. I had some seized bolts so took little more time and with the orders of new LCA's and some hardware plus new leaf springs since one was broken in 2 places. Still no problem. No ABS or other lights on. Only had to relearn TPMS myself of course. I will get my braking system upgraded very soon so won't get hot and warped due bigger tires. Did some plastic and little metal trimmings because I went with bigger tires than RC recommended.
Nice looking ride

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey - love the way it looks, will it fit in the garage? How is the ride vs. stock?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m real closed to pulling this trigger myself as I need new rims/tires anyways (due to many years at the boat ramps - ocean).
BagerSV – it been about 6 months now . . . any decision?
Would really love to hear an update from SL8114. How has the lift been?

Only works with 18" rims with 9" of back spacing. nice kit though!
Hmmmm.... well, it's not 9 inches BS'ing ?? Here's what's in the Install PDF states :

"We recommend, at minimum, an 18" wheel, or larger, not to exceed 9" in width with 5" of backspacing/ 0" offset and up to a 285/65R-18 tire."

There's no hard-ceiling here . . . simply a recommended wheel configuration reference, aka starting-point. If going with larger/smaller wheels, target BS/offset will likely change as well. I don't know for certain, but willing bet one could run factory rims with spacers, gaining a bit on stance.

WOW 6" shock spacer, 6" leaf spring block, and a bunch of cutting and chopping stuff. GLHF
As far as the 6” coilover spacers . . . I now see that RC is now offering a slight upgrade to "Lifted N3 struts". Yet, being these retain the factory coils tells me there's gonna be no gain over travel - still nice to get new struts given one’s OEMs are whoop’d.
Now for improved travel, does anyone know of replacement coilover that would work with RC? i.e.,Radflo’s #5CN00130 state they are only for Fabtech lifts, is that a marketing-ploy or might these also work on the RC lift?? Or should we do aftermarket UCA’s and go with non-lift-specific Radflo’s ?

Cutting - yup. Looks typical, aka the same under-carriage diff-mount cutting as the FabTech 6” lift, plus the xfer case braces, ABS and brake line brackets (minor stuff).

·
Premium Member
6,670 Posts
I’m real closed to pulling this trigger myself as I need new rims/tires anyways (due to many years at the boat ramps - ocean).
That sir is backwards logic lol (not saying I'm not guilty sometimes of doing the same haha)

There's no hard-ceiling here . . . simply a recommended wheel configuration reference, aka starting-point. If going with larger/smaller wheels, target BS/offset will likely change as well. I don't know for certain, but willing bet one could run factory rims with spacers, gaining a bit on stance.
The instructions clearly say "Factory wheels will not fit" but let's gloss over that for the sake of conversation. I see what you're thinking - with enough wheel spacers you can move a factory +30mm offset 16" wheel outward far enough to clear the new RC knuckle, right?
Physically, yes - it can be done. But realistically doing it this way a major compromise and it makes no sense whatsoever unless you just want to Mickey Mouse it, as opposed to buying wheels with the correct offset and width for the application. You could put 6" wide body fenders on the truck, would you keep the stock wheels and install a 6" wheel spacer to get that "stance"?

Looking over the instruction manual and the included photos, it looks like the larger wheel requirement is for clearance of the new knuckle and the tie rod mounting point being raise upward.

As far as the 6” coilover spacers . . . I now see that RC is now offering a slight upgrade to "Lifted N3 struts". Yet, being these retain the factory coils tells me there's gonna be no gain over travel - still nice to get new struts given one’s OEMs are whoop’d.
Now for improved travel, does anyone know of replacement coilover that would work with RC? i.e.,Radflo’s #5CN00130 state they are only for Fabtech lifts, is that a marketing-ploy or might these also work on the RC lift?? Or should we do aftermarket UCA’s and go with non-lift-specific Radflo’s ?
Cutting - yup. Looks typical, aka the same under-carriage diff-mount cutting as the FabTech 6” lift, plus the xfer case braces, ABS and brake line brackets (minor stuff).
Moving the front shock upper mounting point downward (like this kit does with those gigantic shock spacers) add some travel, but that's somewhat negated by how the drop bracket is positioned. As far as added clearance - the new crossmember doesn't look any higher than stock and the rear axle is still at the same height from the ground (aside from whatever gain you get from the mandatory wheel diameter upgrade).

TBH considering there hasn't been an explosion of threads with people installing this kit and raving about it, you might want to reconsider pulling that trigger, heh

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
looks good, and the wheels look good as well IMHO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts