Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
ya its all good, looking like bump stops rather than new uca. prg even has a 1.5" spacer with less issue
Tip: bump stops don't fix CBC, they actually reduce the clearance between the UCA and the coil bucket and give CBC more of a "thunk" noise than a "whack" noise... but in the end you'll still have CBC (n)

Tip, also: PRG has developed a very bad reputation over the years for not fulfilling customer orders :poop:

Welcome to the club, lots more to read around here (y)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Opening up a Yuge can of worms there bud hahaha
ROFL, you'll get more noise, and very likely less HP, but ......... you'll get more noise.

·
Registered
34 Posts
maybe I'll scratch the idea and get a cold air intake...another filibuster lol
Don't scratch the idea. Get whatever 2" front spacers you want and don't worry about bump stops or new upper control arms. You may or may not need cam bolts for alignment. When you go with 2.5" and above is when you need to worry about upper control arms. There's plenty of threads on here that will back my claim of a 2" spacer lift being fine.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Don't scratch the idea. Get whatever 2" front spacers you want and don't worry about bump stops or new upper control arms. You may or may not need cam bolts for alignment. When you go with 2.5" and above is when you need to worry about upper control arms. There's plenty of threads on here that will back my claim of a 2" spacer lift being fine.
ROFL

Shorts Arm Shirt Sports equipment Human body

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Facial expression Vertebrate Cartoon Dog Rectangle

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Is that waht you have? Whats been your experience with that? I think there ia a fine line between doing something slipshot and going way overkill. Looking at the 1.5" spacers too.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
OK, now Im all about the Bilstein 5100's. Would I still need a bump stop on those?
Last freebie, from: Suspension Lifts and Body Lifts for 2005+ PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING HERE

What is coil bucket contact? Is it bad for my truck? How do I prevent it?
Coil bucket contact is when the coil bucket (top plate) of your shock assembly contacts your upper control arm. When this happens, there will be a loud metal-to-metal clanking noise. Coil bucket contact is something to think about when lifting your truck 2" or higher. It is most common with spacer lifts. If coil bucket contact occurs frequently, the coil bucket may scratch or gouge the upper control arm but it generally won't "hurt" the truck. Noise from coil bucket contact can be prevented by the use of bump stops or aftermarket upper control arms.
C'mon man, at least try to put some effort into it and read the information already handed to you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is that waht you have? Whats been your experience with that? I think there ia a fine line between doing something slipshot and going way overkill. Looking at the 1.5" spacers too.
I have 2" spacers on my 2wd Frontier. Nothing else. I have no coil bucket contact, but that's my truck. Take the others advice that you may get coil bucket contact.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
I have 2" spacers on my 2wd Frontier. Nothing else. I have no coil bucket contact. Hell, next they'll tell you that you need extended brake lines for over a 1" lift. 🤣🤣
There's always that one guy... because it didn't happen to them, it must not happen. 🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
I just got the 2" spacers because the threads I had read about people installing them, none said anything about cbc. Or maybe I just got lucky.
And that's fine. It was your little "brake lines" remark that said otherwise... but I'll just leave it at that.

There are a lot of threads where people installed spacers and had no CBC issues. There are also a lot of threads where people installed spacers and had CBC issues. It is something that seems to be a case-by-case basis, but that just means it can definitely happen - even if it doesn't happen to everyone.

IMO most of us replying would rather the OP be aware of everything that might happen if they install a cheap spacer lift, as opposed to just saying "Do it! Go go go it'll be fine!" - and then the OP's vehicle starts to get CBC.

I don't think anyone would want to hear "oh yeah - forgot to tell you that CBC might happen" after the fact. Make sense?

·
Registered
34 Posts
And that's fine. It was your little "brake lines" remark that said otherwise... but I'll just leave it at that.

There are a lot of threads where people installed spacers and had no CBC issues. There are also a lot of threads where people installed spacers and had CBC issues. It is something that seems to be a case-by-case basis, but that just means it can definitely happen - even if it doesn't happen to everyone.

IMO most of us replying would rather the OP be aware of everything that might happen if they install a cheap spacer lift, as opposed to just saying "Do it! Go go go it'll be fine!" - and then the OP's vehicle starts to get CBC.

I don't think anyone would want to hear "oh yeah - forgot to tell you that CBC might happen" after the fact. Make sense?
Perfect sense.
And the brake line remark was out of line. My apologies to all.
Edited my earlier post...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2” spacer lift with 1/8” steel repair plates welded on under the coil buckets, also. I’ve been running it for three weeks and had cbc once when I launched it off a railroad crossing…

I’m sure off-roading would be different, but the rest of the pickup isn’t going to hold up well to it anyway, so it seems irrelevant to me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have the 1.5"rear / 2" front leveling kit from PRG. I also installed the factory camber bolts. I do get occasional CBC, and think you would get a lot more with anything thicker than 1.5". The camber bolts are useful, but they do not provide enough adjustment to get your alignment into spec -- you will have positive camber for certain. I don't put a ton of miles on my truck, so i don't worry too much about it. For me, it's not worth it to spend $500 on UCA when my tires last 6 years and need to be replaced by that time anyway. That said, I would not go beyond 2" in front without UCA and camber bolts.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts