Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed this spacer lift on my 2013 sv Nd took it to Firestone for them to install the adjustible camber bolts and get an alignment and the guy called me and told me the bolts were not needed . Has anyone else installed this lift or similar and not needed to use the bolt?

·
Super Moderator
11,258 Posts
That's a good thing as those bolts are next to impossible to get out. When my 2010 was only 4-5 months old there was a recall on lower control arms due to possible insufficient welds and they were for safety going to replace them. When I called to see what time they thought it would be done at the end of the day I was told they were having a hard time getting the bolts out of the bushing sleeves, the truck had maybe 4000 miles on it at that point.

Clint

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I tried for about an hour to get one of the out my self and would not budge with air I even put a jack under the wrench and it started lifting truck up. I am gonna keep soaking in pb and eventually replace them and use anti seize

·
Super Moderator
11,258 Posts
I think the bigger issue is once you get the nut off the shaft of the bolt is seized inside the bushing sleeve/shaft. I'm thinking they use a sawzall and cut the bolts then drive out what's remaining.
When the dealer admits to struggling on a new vehicle, it's a problem, lol. You need two pieces of pipe and impact rated sockets on 1/2" ratchets to get the nuts off. Good luck.

Clint

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha sorry for being unclear I did get nuts off fine but like you said that bolt is seized in there . Hopefully I don't have to worry about it anytime soon

·
Super Moderator
11,258 Posts
Thanks for following up and clarifying what happened.

Clint

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think the bigger issue is once you get the nut off the shaft of the bolt is seized inside the bushing sleeve/shaft. I'm thinking they use a sawzall and cut the bolts then drive out what's remaining.
When the dealer admits to struggling on a new vehicle, it's a problem, lol. You need two pieces of pipe and impact rated sockets on 1/2" ratchets to get the nuts off. Good luck.

Clint
I think they ended up grinding the bolt head off on mine when they did it because it was a little easier than trying to saw through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts