Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after having great experiences with Discount Tire, I realized that they scratched the sh!t out of my wheels at about every lug-nut placement. Someone dragged the air gun across the surface of the wheel. :evil:
Well, swung back by there today and showed the gent who took the vehicle in last time, and he was not very happy. He is going to contact me to let me know what they suggest as far as resolution - it looks like they will have to deal with each wheel.

Right now, they definitely are handling the matter, and will get the benefit of the doubt unless something goes sour from here. :? I went to them and bought the lifetime R&B and warantee on the tires when the truck was new.

Anyone have any ideas on how they will handle this - what kind of repair can be done? What should I watch out for as far as tricks that they might try and pull? Will they have to refinish all of the wheels - if so, would it be the opportune time to have them done black?

Any advise is appreciated here- I don't have any experience in this area, and might not recognize dishonesty in their approach due to lack of having dealt with this before.
I will try and get a pic or three up later.
Thanks in advance!

edit: NISMO wheels...
EDIT: UPDATE:
Replacement wheels come in tomorrow. Might or might not get them to mount it up before the weekend, I have a plane to catch to PHX on the other side of town in the late afternoon.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would assume that if the scratches aren't too deep, there's a chance they could polish and reapply clear coat. Maybe a good opportunity to ask them to paint it a different color if you'd like. hah. If not, I'd guess they'd have to replace the rims...hope it works out!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gfronty05 said:
What is the finish on the rim?
valid question: NISMO wheels...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
They might refinish them, or replace it but depends on the person refinishing it. If its not to your liking, have them replace it!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I had purchased the lifetime R&B from Discount Tire for my Explorer. It was a Limited with the Chrome wheel, and they used the clip on tire weights and managed to scratch the wheels doing so. I pointed it out to them, and was told there was nothing they could do about it because of the way the weights are attached to the wheels. But, they never drug the tools across the wheels and scratched them.

This go round, I went to the local Goodyear dealer and bought the lifetime R&B from them, and they use the weights that stick to the inside of the wheels! So far I am very satisfied, so marke and no visible wheel weights! They also fill the tires with nitrogen which they claim maintains the tire pressure better than just air! It was the same price as Discount Tire as well!

·
Registered
91 Posts
i had almost the same thing happen to me, i had some custom wheels on a s-10 i had.....the guy changing the tires didnt know u were supposed to reverse the rims when changing them out on the tire extractor machine....and scratched the rims... they said they would replace them but couldnt find a exact match, so instead i dealed with them a whole set of band new tires...because i could live with the scratches that i buffed out the next day....hahahahahahaha lol.....but they did try hard....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts