Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my 2008 CC SE did not come with a roof rack. I would like one, but the local dealer tells me that "it cannot be done". There is no supports in the roof, no parts in the catalog, etc.

Now I have hard time believing that production of cabs would be different for LE, SE, or others. Has anyone installed a factory roof rack on a naked roof?

thanks

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
yep it aint hard and the hard top roofs are not different. rack is only rated for 125 lbs so it will not buckle your roof if you don't exceed it.

you just have to be willing to drill 16 holes in your roof, 3 years 0 leaks on my truck survived a 40mph wreck rack didn't move

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2010 crew se. Mine has a sunroof and the racks I found online says for a non-sunroof truck. Does that mean I cannot have one put on? I dread drilling holes into the truck though.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
i got mine used, had to pull the head liner there is a great write up in the DIY section posted a month or 2 ago

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
It definitely can be done. There is a company that is coming out with a full roof rack replacement that utilizes the same hole pattern. You might want to wait since this rack will be more practical...

·
Banned
553 Posts
Roof Rack?

I have an 03 fronty KC, which I put a 01 x-terra roof rack on.....
It took me some cutting/welding to make it work.I had been looking at a CC
w/t the rack so, I just decided I had to have it.Having seen "irongrave" and umm.."sly tuna"s work, I had the inspiration to do it, w/t some help from a welder friend... 100$ fer rack frm junkyard and about 3hrs labor....

you may be able to just loosen the edges of the h-liner to get access to the torx bolts inside your cab.like I did,instead of pulling the whole nine yards down..

YOU CAN DO IT!!:noworries:

Thomas

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes It can be done and has been done by a few members, including myself.

I did a write up on when I did mine about a month ago:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/how-install-2nd-generation-roof-rack-56407/

basically, the only difference between your SE roof and an LE roof w/ rack are 4 "braces" (better referred to as brackets) that are inside the roof skin under each corner of the rack. You can buy these brackets at Courtesy online for about $50 shipped for the 4. The brackets are pictured here:

Picasa Web Albums - juan - Frontier Roof...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I like your roof baket a lot - how soon are we talking about? Definately interested.
It's not mine it just happens to be on a red nismo:)

I'm guessing at least a month before it's ready for production.

Here's a link to the thread on TheNewX so you can stay updated: 2nd Gen Frontier/crew cab Full Roof Rack Replacement - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

And here's a link to the website: Welcome to XOSKEL, off road accessories for your Xterra, and other vehicles in the near future.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have an 05 with a sun roof, and I put one on with no problem. It's been on for about 8 months now. It has survived the torrential storms that LA had this past winter with no leaks. I had a friend that owns a body shop do it for me though. You can order the parts from courtesy nissan, but the rack would cost ~1500... If you look around on ebay and on the for sale section in the forums you might be lucky and catch someone who is selling theirs. I bought mine from another member off this site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.