Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 frontier cc lb and was wondering if anyone out there is using the factory roof rack as a kayak rack or do they sell something that would work a little better.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
it is rated at 125lbs if that helps. the oval cross braces don't make sticking anything up there easy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I picked up some adapters to put my yakima round bars on the stock rack. If you do that with the yakima cradles, you can pivot them down when they're not in use. Otherwise, you could use the mighty mounts to put the saddles on the stock cross bars. Here's the best pic I have right now

If you go to Yakima's website, size the stuff up for the Xterra, all of it is common with the larger diameter bars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know where I can get the adapters and the yakima rack you have or can you give me the part#s?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you know where I can get the adapters and the yakima rack you have or can you give me the part#s?
The adapter things are

LowRider $220/4 (4 req'd)
Part # 8000118

HullRaiser $100/pair (1 pair per kayak req'd)
Part # 8004039

You'll also need some 48" crossbars, which run $70 for a pair

If you're an online shopper, Moosejaw, REI, places like that will carry them. If you're a local shopper, I'd check out your local kayaking/biking/hiking type of shop, or a Dick's Sporting Goods.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
or... save the cash and mount it cockpit side down(See My Sig.) and use some pipe insulation to protect the rim of the cockpit ( also helps keep it from sliding on the crossbars). It'll stay put just nicely.

·
Registered
58 Posts
or... save the cash and mount it cockpit side down(See My Sig.) and use some pipe insulation to protect the rim of the cockpit ( also helps keep it from sliding on the crossbars). It'll stay put just nicely.
They also sell some formed foam so you can put it cockpit side up. I think those kits run around $25 (has 2 pcs of foam and 2 straps).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts