Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Frontier LE CC
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken off their roof rack to have it painted or powder coated? Mine has faded so bad and I want it back to black. Any suggestions on doing it myself? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Is there a reason you started a new thread about the same topic?

My main question would be whether or not the backing plates on the underside would fall down onto the headliner when you removed the screws, making it really difficult to reinstall them without dropping or the headliner. It may be that they are sandwiched pretty tight and would stay in place (not sure). But that would be my main concern.

You could also just tape off the roof and just spray it while installed. Would probably take all of an hour to prep, tape, and spray.

·
Registered
2007 Frontier LE CC
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry if I made a duplicate post. I didnt know about backing plates or that they may fall down into the headliner. I havent done much work with roof racks so that's why I was asking. Thank you for the help. I'll just use a drop cloth and tape it really good. I was just trying to do it the way where I could spray it the best.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah leaving it up there to spray isn’t optimal, but should be doable with enough prep. Someone may be able to chime in regarding if the backing plates stay in place or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts