Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new thread, old thread I don't care. Has anyone done it? Can it be done or does it screw things up? I'm wanting to add this I think. Gotta find one for a good price then chop it up to fit.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm gonna hit the 2 junkyards I have in my podunk *** town. I think I wanna do this.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Just remember, it's sort of like sex without a condom. Once you commit, you're fully committed.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Also, don't you have a first generation? Because the 2nd gen and 1st gen roof racks are different so that may be a problem as well, unless you plan on using a 2nd gen roof rack

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

I know I'm gonna have to butcher to fit.

Just remember, it's sort of like sex without a condom. Once you commit, you're fully committed.
True True. But that is why I wanna find one to just set and look first. Thanx for the links.
And I'm kinda lookin for ways to spice up my normal 1st gen. I got power mirrors on the way. Get rid of these square ones and get the good looking ones. Just small simple thing are what people notice!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Must say that my answers were based on Gen II frontiers. I would imagine that it would be similar for Gen I though.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx for the help tho. Some info is better than none. That is why I'd ask on here than anywhere else.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
What I would do if I were you, since you'll have to cut it in half it looks like, leave one cross bar, and paint all of it one solid color. Now I don't know know how you would piece it back together, but put the cross bar over where you stitched it back together at, so it won't be noticed as much

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I don't know. I guess I was thinkin more of the 2nd gens style. I'll find a way if a pursue it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
my 1st gen kc roof rack

i can get clean shots if ya need them

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
no offense, but isn't your truck a little lower to the ground?

if so, i think a prominent roof rack would kind of ruin the profile. how about a rack that is sleeker and slimmer? like the ones on the rear of the armada? flip it around and who knows?

or maybe it's easier to modify a pathfinder rack?

if you are talking about the 2nd gen's roof rack with the overhang in the back, you can prbably modify the center support from the xterra although you'd have to put a cap of some sort on the hacked back end of the rack. look at this xterra just after the roof basket area there is a support.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea my fronty is not lifted. But I really wanna pre runner it out in the future. That's why I was looking for this mod. But thanx for the kick in the balls!! J/K.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
lol that was not my intention. what i was merely pointing out was that IMO trucks that are closer to the ground might benefit from a rack that is more sleeker like the escalades and denalis where a high vehicle would look better with a more prominent rack. i apologize for any offense i may have caused and i wish you good luck on this endeavour

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea I hear ya. But no offense taken. Just looking for ideas when I do plan on a lift. Lowered or slammed trucks are no my cup of tea. I think that if you have a truck USE IT like a truck. Draggin a$$ or frame looks weird, just my .02.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts