Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple months ago my add kicked in while driving back from Vegas and I noticed an Xterra with a roof rack that had lights built into it. Upon further inspection I noticed it was the Xterra Off Road model. I liked the way it looked because it was subtle yet noticable, if that makes sense. I've only seen one of these model trucks at the dealer and I didnt pay much attention to it. My question is as follows...

1) If this was a factory piece would I be able to find one off a Xterra and mount it right onto my rack?

2) If this piece was available where could I find it and how effective do you guys think it would be. I'm not going to be doing some crazy forest run in the middle of the night but I'd like to do some type of night trail runs in the future.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
It is an option on the new Xterra OffRoad. Their rack is different then the Frontier one so it may not be a direct bolt on.

It may be worth visiting thenewx.org and checking out some threads there. I would imagine a few guys have added it to their standard Xterra.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Do you have a roof rack?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It is an option on the new Xterra OffRoad. Their rack is different then the Frontier one so it may not be a direct bolt on.

It may be worth visiting thenewx.org and checking out some threads there. I would imagine a few guys have added it to their standard Xterra.
Yeah I looked and it looks like most of the people that have exactly what I'm talking about just got it from the factory not aftermarket. But it does answer the question of could I run HIDs in it because a couple people did and it was a simple plug and play. :fantastic:

Do you have a roof rack?
Yes sir I have the factory roof rack. The only problem that I think may arise if I tried to mount something like the xterras have is my sun roof might get blocked but it also may act as a wind deflector at the same time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
As far as I know there is nothing like that on the market for Frontiers, not aftermarket or factory.

The Xterra version will not fit on your Frontier rack, even if you did want to spend the insane amount of money Nissan wants for them.

If you really want something very much like the Xterra version you might be able to find a sheet metal guy who could build something that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
The more OEM or congruous you want the piece to look the better that persons skills, and possibly even tools, will have to be.

I myself make two options for those with OEM roof racks, and depending on the lights one would choose to run on them HID might not be much of a problem.
Neither of these interfere with the sun roof.
The Lo Pro Lightcage

The more subtle and even lower profile Lo Pro Lightbar

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I know there is nothing like that on the market for Frontiers, not aftermarket or factory.
I myself make two options for those with OEM roof racks, and depending on the lights one would choose to run on them HID might not be much of a problem.
The Lo Pro Lightcage

Sweet!!! I'm diggin the light cage! :goodjob: I think I just fell in love with a different set of lights....:fantastic:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yea, the Xterra roof is not level for one, you have a better chance at adapting a Suzuki Equator roof rack, but the lights are not as neat as the Xterra IMO.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Is that Equator rack actually sold? I thought it was only on the prototype/show/demo Equator. It's not listed from Suzuki if it is.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is that Equator rack actually sold? I thought it was only on the prototype/show/demo Equator. It's not listed from Suzuki if it is.
I think that even if it were available it would be prohibitively expensive.
To me it looks like of cheap, much like the plastic roof racks I have been seeing on some range rovers here in Phoenix.
Besides, I like this one more ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
agreed, I'm not really a fan of the Suzuki rack, and hyunelan, you're right doesn't look like that rack went into production; and fangars, that is a nice lookin' rack!

·
Registered
218 Posts

The Xterra version will not fit on your Frontier rack, even if you did want to spend the insane amount of money Nissan wants for them.

If you really want something very much like the Xterra version you might be able to find a sheet metal guy who could build something that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
The more OEM or congruous you want the piece to look the better that persons skills, and possibly even tools, will have to be.

The Lo Pro Lightcage

Love the light bar. You guys buiding anything for a non factory roof rack Frontier?

Is that the normal Nismo stance? What tires are you running?

·
Registered
289 Posts
This has been discussed before and I will reiterate that I am committed to coming out with products for trucks without roof racks, for the KC trucks, for the 1st Gens and whatever else I hope that will sell. That said, time is against me, it takes a while to find donors and develop products.

I wish that was my truck, it belonged to Cypher, but has since been sold out of state.

You can message Cypher or look up his profile to see what his truck had for upgrades, it is not the stock nismo stance. It should be, but its not.

·
Registered
192 Posts
pm sent about donor rigs fangars

Ive always wondered what the jeep liberty roof lights would look like on something else

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Yea that was just on the prototype. Equator don't come with roof racks.

+1 for Xoskel products. I got the light cage on my wife's truck.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea that was just on the prototype. Equator don't come with roof racks.

+1 for Xoskel products. I got the light cage on my wife's truck.

That looks absolutely totaly awesome!! How much did the entire set up run? I think I am far passed wanting a stock looking set of lights after seeing this beaut.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just a question.... Where are you running the wires to the lights? Are you going thru the roof? if so, how are you sealing it properly?

·
Registered
218 Posts
This has been discussed before and I will reiterate that I am committed to coming out with products for trucks without roof racks, for the KC trucks, for the 1st Gens and whatever else I hope that will sell. That said, time is against me, it takes a while to find donors and develop products.

I wish that was my truck, it belonged to Cypher, but has since been sold out of state.

You can message Cypher or look up his profile to see what his truck had for upgrades, it is not the stock nismo stance. It should be, but its not.
Thanks for the info man..

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
pm sent about donor rigs fangars

Ive always wondered what the jeep liberty roof lights would look like on something else

T-1 brought this up in the past. It was a consideration but I don't think it when anywhere. I think the curvature of the roof was a bit different and then the width and etc... make it almost impossible to "easily" mount it on a Frontier.

·
Registered
364 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts