Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - This morning I noticed a leak coming from the handle by the door on the drivers side. Its been raining here and at first I thought I had let some rain in while getting in the truck. Then when driving I noticed some drips coming from the handle next to the visor.

I took it to Nissan today and they said the window needs to be taken off and resealed. After I left I checked it out my self and noticed a notch on each side on the roof to allow water to drain by the window. I poured water on both sides and the drivers side backed upped and didn't drain as well as the other side.

Has anyone ran into this issue? could it be a broken seal, which would require the windshield to come off or is a drain clogged? But if the drain was clogged why would it leak?

Sorry for the long post and I really appreciate your thoughts and help on this..

Thanks,
Dave

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Are you referring to draining between the paint and the black plastic molding around the windshield? If so how about sliding a credit card or something up and down and maybe there is some debris blocking the channel.
If I'm thinking of the wrong place take a pic or be more descriptive.

Clint

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right - I tried the credit card and some stuff came out but it still leaks. Very frustrating! Just purchased it last week. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come :(.

Is the drain in the windshield or is there a tube underneath the windshield draining under the car?

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
The only time there is an actual drain is if you have a sunroof then there is a tube in each corner to let the water out.
The groove in the roof is to keep water from pouring down over the doors and coming in if they are open or windows are open.
Can you post a pic of the spot you're referring to?

Clint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts