Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to get roof bars for my 2004 crew cab, but was told that they can't be installed because the truck wasn't originally designed to have them? This surprised me, as I thought they would just be able to drill holes and attach them, but apparently this is not the case. Anyone ever heard of this>

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I do believe what you have heard is true!! :idea: The Roof Rack on the crew cab actually comes with some structural reinforcement for the rack to be useful and not just for show!! :idea: I'm not absolutly positive on this so please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure if there is any reinforcements in the roof or not, but... I just got my 05 back from the dealership yesterday after they installed my roof racks. But.. I would never do anything like that again. There were some problems though.. They scratched my truck in a few places, they scratched the airbag cover, and the racks are just a slight bit crooked. I noticed that they are crooked because I am very very perticular, but I don't think anyone will ever notice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I heard the same thing about the racks. I am still looking at getting a rack though. The head parts guy at the dealership i bought mine told me that.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
i asked jerseyparts if he could help with this question. maybe he, or somebody he knows, would know the answer. personally i think there is no differance in the roof. sorry if im putting jerseyparts in a position he don't want to be in. if so let me know.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
The rumor is true, The roof on the Crew Cab has Reinforcements built into it, we had an issue installing one, and was told by Nissan Engoneering, that we now our responsible for that truck becuase in an accident or rollover, the roof will collapse because of structural alterations. We were told not t do this again, and that the YES there really are two differnet roofs.. I would suggest getting something aftermarket so that Nissan would not be liable for the situation. Most of the aftermarket systems are of a lighter weight material.

Sorry I know this is not the answer you wanted, just the one that I have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I found a new set of the Frontier roof bars. Since my truck wasn’t reinforced for the roof bars does anyone think it would really be a problem installing them? I really like the look of them. I don’t really plan on using the bars other then maybe ski holders.. Like I said I just like the look, i just dont want to damage my truck.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Im sure if u have a body shop put the bars on they could reinforce the bars so it could hold skis and maybe a lil bit more or weight.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
This is the law:
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roof Rack

I did purchase the OEM Roof Racks and have them isntalled on my Frontier. The only thing was that the sales rep told me that it didn't came with instructions on how to install them. Plus they sell you reinforcement brackets so it can be installed. We have to modify a little bit the front brackets so it would fit. I'll be posting some pictures before and after the installation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roof Rack

I did purchase the OEM Roof Racks and have them isntalled on my Frontier. The only thing was that the sales rep told me that it didn't came with instructions on how to install them. Plus they sell you reinforcement brackets so it can be installed. We have to modify a little bit the front brackets so it would fit. I'll be posting some pictures before and after the installation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts