Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, trying to figure out a few quirks and general maintenance information on my Frontier. 2003 SE Crew Cab Short Bed. They should call it a short cab cuz if my kids get any bigger, they won't fit in there!

Electric Blue. Loved it since the day I drove it off the lot! Wife bought me a hard cover for the bed which made the extended unusable, but we like the cover better.

Paint's peeling off on the driver's door after less than 81k miles. It's flaking and I'd love to get it reworked. But money is what it is. Just hope it stops at the pinstriping.

Anyway, good to be here.

Roman

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome bro. Nice to see another central new yorker. These winters up here are torture on our paint. All i could suggest for a cheap fix is if its peeling towards the bottom of the door, paint a strip of herculiner or something similar over it. Not sure about maintance issues for the 1st gens., but you can do a search and i'm sure something will come up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, man

Thanks for the welcome. The paint flaking is actually between the driver's window and the rear left door, just above the pinstriping. It started in January and seemed to grow whenever there was more humidity in the air. It's ceased growing (but most of it was during my 50 mile commutes to Syracuse and back) and is now about fist-sized.

What is this "herculiner"? I've found sanding kits and paint kits and stuff, but don't want to screw up my paint job any more...

We bought the little girl in Texas back in Feb 03 new. If I knew I'd be in central NY, I'd have gotten the 4x and even considered the S-C.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Welcome! I used to live in Verona. My father retired from Griffis AFB back in 75. We moved to Hawaii in 98. Do me a favor and go eat a pizza for me at Pepi's in Oneida. There isn't a pizza joint in Hawaii that even comes close to Pepi's. I miss NY except for what the winters do to vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts