Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Only when you get rear ended and have the whole truck collapse. :(

That is why I took mine off. After I read the results of the rear crash tests I put my bumper back on. :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That is my guess of what would be best. Put the rollpan on first though to see if YOU like it. If it is a little off I would try the handles and mirror covers. What matters most is if YOU like it not what others day because you will have to live with it and its your cash.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Only when you get rear ended and have the whole truck collapse. :(

That is why I took mine off. After I read the results of the rear crash tests I put my bumper back on. :)
A good frame hitch under the roll pan would definitely reinforce the rear of the truck and it is def. stronger than the stock bumper.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Yeah, I have both the tow hitch and a bumper for protection.
Also, without the weight (bumper = 60 lbs. and tow package = 35 lbs.) in the rear the truck did not handle as well and the rear end popped up and looked ridiculous. Much better now.
I had a roll pan on my 90 Chevy truck but that one was bagged and dropped and rode great. One more thing, it is a pain in the a$$ to get in the bed without the bumper to step on. I had to step on the tire to get in on the side. I am too old for that shite. :(

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
It would probably look alright.

Personally its just not my style.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts