Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got my roll pan. check it out. heres a quick write up. enjoy and please if u have questions ill be happy to answer them.

1. i removed the heavy stock bumper.

2. i removed the top plastic thing from the bumper. there are small plastic clinches that hold on to the bumper.

3. there is 4 total 18mm bolts that hold on the bumper. 2 on each side.

4. after removing the bolts, the bumper should slip right out leaving you with this big piece.

5. to remove this big piece, its held on by 6 19mm bolts. 3 on each side.

6. i knew my roll pan was going to take a while to get to me. so for the mean while, i put up my license plate with zip ties.

7. this is how my truck looked for 3 day.

8. i finally got my roll pan and it was pretty simple to put on. 4 screws total and some double sided tape.

Before

After

·
Registered
50 Posts
looks sick man!
who makes the roll pan, and ..did it come painted?
could you still hook up a reciever hitch with a fold up licence plate you think?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks sick man!
who makes the roll pan, and ..did it come painted?
could you still hook up a reciever hitch with a fold up licence plate you think?
Stillen makes the roll pan. and no i painted it myself. some good interior paint. matched pretty good huh. same paint i used on my front bumper. and you could still attach one. i just havent bought one yet.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Looks good.
Sure would make washing/waxing the rear bottom corners of the rear fenders a lot easier.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Did you say you used an interior paint??
yeah interior paint. i painted my center console and had some paint left over. i also painted my front bumper with the same can. really good paint. the brand is called "SEM" highly recommended

·
Registered
354 Posts
Man I love the looks of that I just don't think I want to go without a rear bumper.

Makes me wonder if a tubular bumper could be installed outside of the roll pan.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Only thing about a roll pan is you are looking at worse damage if you are rear ended. The bumper and large piece of metal you took out provide protection to your rear end and that metal thing running between your frame helps to keep your frame from bending in a rear end collision ...

This being said, Im ready to do my roll pan too. Haha

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
looks great...nutz gotta go

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha a little surprise underneath huh? Where did you use double stick tape?
yeah when i removed the spare tire.... the balls just dropped lol.

but the double sided tape was use above the license plate. 4 screws and the roll pan is set.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I had no idea they made an Under Armor addition Frontier??? :)

Looks good, lose the nuts though.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
you do realize that all you had to to do to take off the rear bumper and the bumper support was to take out the 4 bolts holding on the support bar..... :hi:
:comphead:

Truck looks good though

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think that it looks awesome, but yeah you gotta lose the nuts. By the way, where did you get the paint?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think that it looks awesome, but yeah you gotta lose the nuts. By the way, where did you get the paint?
you can pick up a can at any auto body shop. the brand is called SEM. if not check out there site SEM Products - Home Site really good paint.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
roll pans sick, but whats up with the nutsack?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts